Windows 10: How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game?

Discus and support How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Im trying to delete 45 gigs of worthless forza horizon 4 space because it downloaded half way and thinks it didnt so now i just have 45 gigs lost on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NikolaKnezevic1, Jan 10, 2021.

1. How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game?

Im trying to delete 45 gigs of worthless forza horizon 4 space because it downloaded half way and thinks it didnt so now i just have 45 gigs lost on my SSD. I have found it in the WindowsApps folder but i cant delete it cause i need permission from SYSTEM for gods sake.

I am very frustrated because its not my fault at all, its entirely on the launcher being a ****. Steam would never do such a thing.

I need help on fixing this. if anyone knows how to DELETE this gooddamn unfinished download id gladly hear you out.

:)

NikolaKnezevic1, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Cant delete game from games menu

Hi Ansgar,

Let's get this issue sorted. To better assist you in removing a game from the games menu, we would like to know more information about the problem that you are experiencing.

• Do you only experience this issue with this particular game?
    • Did you download this game from Windows Store?
    • Have you tried uninstalling the game on your computer?
    • What other steps have you performed in trying to delete this game?

In the meantime, we suggest that you
    create a new user account
    on your computer and then try to delete the game while on the new account. This will help us identify if the issue is caused by a configuration error related to your current user account.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 10, 2021
  4. How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game?

delete demo games

If you don't want to see them everyday, you can remove their shortcuts from the games folder.

To do this, follow these steps:

• open file explorer
    • go to windows folder
    • go to start menu
    • go to programs>games
    • delete the game's shortcut from there by tapping-n-holding on the shortcut

TarandeepKaur, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game?

1. How do i delete a half downloaded Microsoft game? - Similar Threads - delete half downloaded

2. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  3. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  4. How do I delete a partially downloaded app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a partially downloaded app?: How do I delete a partially downloaded app from Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-partially-downloaded-app/2ad4f943-d420-4333-9f51-9f896790897a
  5. i can't delete a microsoft game that's partially downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't delete a microsoft game that's partially downloaded: I started downloading a game and changed my mind, now the game files are taking up 100gb of storage space and I can't delete it. I tried the answer posted here, but now it just tells me I need permission from *PC-Name*\Administrator....
  6. i can't delete a microsoft game that's partially downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't delete a microsoft game that's partially downloaded: I started downloading a game and changed my mind, now the game files are taking up 100gb of storage space and I can't delete it. I tried the answer posted here, but now it just tells me I need permission from *PC-Name*\Administrator....
  7. how do I download a digital game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I download a digital game?: I have just paid for a digital download of Age of Empires Definitive Edition Full Game Download and I cannot figure out how to download it. When I tried to input my Key, it stated that I had already used it....... If I have already used the key how do I download it????...
  8. How do I delete a half-downloaded Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I delete a half-downloaded Windows Update?: I'm on Windows 10 1909, and it prompted me to update. I have a 128 GB laptop, which had 4-5 GB of disk space left. Windows Update notified me to update. So after seeing it, I started downloading the update, but halfway through, it tells me I don't have enough space for it....
  9. HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED?: HOW DO I DELETE GAMES I INSTALLED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ciara333/65d00f64-447b-4750-9bd5-2e3cf2fb666a"
  10. How do i download the game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i download the game?: I recently redeemed a code for a game meant for Windows 10 and i am trying to install it on PC. However, I redeemed it on an icloud email account and i did it on the website. I press 'Install/Play' and it takes me to the app and its an outlook account. I thought it would be...