Windows 10: How do I delete a Language pack from System 32

Discus and support How do I delete a Language pack from System 32 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Woah, so this is going into some scetchy territory right here. We have all heard of removing the famous "System 32 'virus' " and nuking the entire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sisrace, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Sisrace Win User

How do I delete a Language pack from System 32

Woah, so this is going into some scetchy territory right here. We have all heard of removing the famous "System 32 'virus' " and nuking the entire system.

But this is different.
    Because reasons I have ended up with a folder in my System32 called "ja-jp" which I think is a Japanese language/locale pack of some sorts. I only have folders like these for English, Japanese and Swedish.
    Normally I would leave this alone, but it is interfering with my work.

For some reason the program "CodeLite" uses a command prompt located in the ja-jp folder, instead of the ones in System32 or any of the other languages. This sets the command prompt to ANSI Japanese, and any "special character" I.E in my native language (Å Ä Ö) will be output as japanese characters. I troubleshooted the reason for this to the ja-jp folder existing. As CodeLite won't do anything to change this by itself. The ja-jp folder also has no use and is just deadweight, so removing it is only beneficial.

I have tried a few things, but I can't modify or delete anything in the folder nor the folder itself as it is protected by the infamous TrustedInstaller. What do I do?

:)

Sisrace, Jan 14, 2019

2. Speech Language packs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Speech language pack is not download!!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the below information to help you better.

• When you say Language pack it not downloading, do you receive any error message?
    • If yes, what is the error message?

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Applying (British) language pack - CU

Changing Windows system (base) language can be done with Sysprep. It's both easy and fast. The below process takes two three minutes, excluding the time required to install a language pack.

Step 1: Install language pack for the preferred system language you want to change to

Step 2: Run following command to force Windows to reboot to OOBE:

%windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot

How do I delete a Language pack from System 32 [​IMG]

Step 3: Windows will restart in OOBE (Windows Welcome). Select new system language:

This does not only change the system language, it also changes number, date, time and other formats globally (24H clock, week starts on Monday and so on when switching from EN-US to EN-GB).

Step 4: When OOBE comes to initial user creation, create a temporary local user (I use user Dummy here, you can't use any existing user names):

Step 5: When on desktop, sign out from Dummy.

Step 6: Sign in with your original admin account.

Step 7: Delete Dummy user account.

That's it. From now on your system (base) language is what you selected in step 3. For instance, if you have opted in for Insider builds and have got the upgrades in original system language (EN-US in your case), you will from now on get upgrades in new system language (EN-GB).

I use this method to get Insider build upgrades in Finnish and Swedish using the same Hyper-V virtual machine. I installed Windows 10 PRO in Finnish and created a checkpoint, then switched the system language to Swedish as told above and again created a checkpoint. Now when upgrade builds have been released, I apply Finnish checkpoint, get the upgrade and make an ISO in Finnish, then apply the Swedish checkpoint and get upgrade and make ISO in Swedish.

Thema:

1. How do I delete a Language pack from System 32 - Similar Threads - delete Language pack

2. Deleted System 32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted System 32: I have deleted system 32 by accident and know when i open my computer it puts the bsod aka blue screen of death so and after it restarts so i did a backup but it factory reseted so it worked but know i got a notification that said your computer has restarded for a reason so i...
  3. Deleted System 32

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted System 32: I have deleted system 32 by accident and know when i open my computer it puts the bsod aka blue screen of death so and after it restarts so i did a backup but it factory reseted so it worked but know i got a notification that said your computer has restarded for a reason so i...
  4. System 32 delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System 32 delete: I accidentally deleted System32 folder while trying to find a virus not realising it was so important. Windows 10 came as part of the laptop so I don't have a DVD/CD-ROM to reboot. I've tried using a recovery disc to get it back but it didn't work. Is there a way to recover...
  5. System 32 delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System 32 delete: I accidentally deleted System32 folder while trying to find a virus not realising it was so important. Windows 10 came as part of the laptop so I don't have a DVD/CD-ROM to reboot. I've tried using a recovery disc to get it back but it didn't work. Is there a way to recover...
  6. System 32 delete

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. How do i delete these languages?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete these languages?: How Do i delete these? [ATTACH]I need to free up space and the most useless apps don't let me uninstall them so i want to delete theses. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-these-languages/ce3bebd1-b634-4732-9462-68e844e41388
  8. How to Prevent Windows 10 from deleting Language Pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Prevent Windows 10 from deleting Language Pack: I have a windows 10 image which has 7 language pack preinstalled in it. But when I run Set-WinUserLanguageList en-US, It is automatically deleting German language Pack. How to prevent windows from deleting the language pack?...
  9. How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.

How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.: There's no option to download a language pack. How do I download it if there's no option to download it in the first place? The language I'm trying to download is Spanish, but there's no download "language pack" option [ATTACH] See there's no option to download a language...
  10. how to delete preferred languages from the system

how to delete preferred languages from the system: I want to delete preferred language that I have https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-preferred-languages-from-the-system/6e636817-d9fd-41f0-aee8-bc1545b1c5be

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete language pack