Windows 10: How do I delete a Task Bar item?

Discus and support How do I delete a Task Bar item? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My task bar contains "Nelson 877-869-4666." How can I delete this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by T3r3saMc, Jun 24, 2020.

1. T3r3saMc Win User

How do I delete a Task Bar item?

My task bar contains "Nelson 877-869-4666." How can I delete this?

:)

T3r3saMc, Jun 24, 2020

2. Cannot delete some items from favs. bar.

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the items from Favorites on Internet Explorer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to delete the favorites items if not yet tried and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer, click on Favorites
      in the Menu bar.
    • Click on the drop down arrow beside Add to favorites.
    • Click on Organize favorites..., click on the option
      Delete. (This will delete all the favorites items in the Favorites bar)

If you don't want to delete all the items from the Favorites bar, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article to delete the browsing history and check if it helps.

View and delete your browsing history

Refer to the section: What gets deleted when you delete your browsing history
    for more information about how deleting the browsing history works.

For more information about favorites in Internet Explorer refer to: Use favorites to save websites you like

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2020
  3. How to delete items from Favorites Bar in IE11

OK, I don't know is this is a permanent fix, but it has held through a couple of restarts. Using a variation of something others have suggested, this is what I did:

• Right click on the entry to be deleted from the IE Favorites Bar and select Properties.
    • In the General tab, uncheck Read-only.
    • Close this window and then delete the item.
    Does it make sense to anyone that this should work i.e. permanently delete the Favorites Bar entry, rather than trying to delete with
    Read-only checked, where the items keep reappearing?

Thanks. . .

EzekielBarbirolli, Jun 24, 2020
  4. fancymans Win User

Show or hide Recent Items on the Start Menu/Task Bar

Hi,

On previous versions of Windows, we would be able to hide recent items from the start menu and the task bar. I am trying to hide recent items on the task bar, but the option is no longer there. Can anyone help?

To clarify, what I mean by recent items are the list of files recently opened using a specific program. For example, if I right click on Visual Studio on my task bar, I get a list of all the apps I've been working on. I don't want these to display.

fancymans, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I delete a Task Bar item? - Similar Threads - delete Task Bar

2. How do I pin Camara to task bar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I pin Camara to task bar ?: How do I pin Camara to task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-camara-to-task-bar/6020f651-ff85-43ba-951d-997b7540882e
  3. How do I pin Camara to task bar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I pin Camara to task bar ?: How do I pin Camara to task bar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-camara-to-task-bar/6020f651-ff85-43ba-951d-997b7540882e
  4. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

problems with task bar, how do I fix?: Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing these problems could maybe not let that happen again.Issues foundRequired applications are not installed correctly.Required...
  5. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with task bar, how do I fix?: Here's what Start Menu troubleshooter showed me. Recently my Start menu was completely gone and re appeared again after sometime. I'm thinking fixing these problems could maybe not let that happen again.Issues foundRequired applications are not installed correctly.Required...
  6. problems with task bar, how do I fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I change the height of the task bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the height of the task bar?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DarkGladir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mp5w6c/how_do_i_change_the_height_of_the_task_bar/
  8. How do I delete all the task history from task bar

How do I delete all the task history from task bar: Can anybody please explain how I delete history from icons on the task bar...? I can right-click and remove history individually but it takes ages to do. I would rather prevent not see history at all bat can't find how to do that in regular MS advice Thanks RA....
  9. Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete items, how do I fix it?: When I try to delete items from my documents or photos like power points, word documents, or .jpg, I am unable to. If I right click on the item the delete option is not there. I am also unable to move the items to the recycle bin....
  10. how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar

how do i remove the address bar in the windows task bar: The address box just showed up and I don't care to have it. It is the address box on the bottom right of the task bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-address-bar-in-the-windows/d816f1d0-e0d7-4d41-93ee-f35c837d39f8