Windows 10: How do I delete a user profile and related files

Discus and support How do I delete a user profile and related files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What are the risks of deleting a profile and its related files in Windows 10? Are there any issues I should be careful about?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Russell Lerum, Oct 10, 2018.

1. How do I delete a user profile and related files

What are the risks of deleting a profile and its related files in Windows 10? Are there any issues I should be careful about?

:)

Russell Lerum, Oct 10, 2018

2. User Profile files not found (lost profile files)

Hello Hilario,

We apologize for the delay in response from our end and at the same time we appreciate your persistent patience.

Now, since you have pointed out that you can locate the original user account. So, logging in to that particular account will help you to access all the files right where you left it.

In case you get logged in to the computer through one of the temporary user accounts, you need to click on the
    Start button on and click the user icon on the top-left corner in the Start Menu, and then select another
    user

Next, in order to delete the redundant user accounts, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Open the Control Panel (icons view), and Click on the User Accounts icon.

• Click on the Manage another account link. If prompted by UAC, Click on Yes.

• Click on a user you want to delete.

• Click on the Delete the account link.

• Click on Delete Files or Keep Files for what you want to do with the user account's personal files.

• Click on Delete Account to confirm.

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

Hope the above information helps this time. Please do write to us.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 10, 2018
  3. How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-preview/88033eca-6b32-47c5-90ac-a5e7af17d094

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 10, 2018
  4. How do I delete a user profile and related files

Deleted some User related files and currently not able to add User account in Windows10. Only default is administrator.

Hmm. Okay, here's another way to do it:

• Make sure that you're completely signed-out of the old account and signed-in to the new account.
    • Right-click the Windows/Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command and press [Enter]: net user
    • You should get a list of all the user accounts on the computer. Ignore "Administrator", "Guest", and "DefaultAccount". Using this list, identify the exact account you wish to remove, and use that name inside of the quotes in the command below.
    • To remove that account, type the following command and press [Enter]:
      net user "Username here" /del
    • Confirm that the account was removed by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del] and clicking
      Switch User. The old account should no longer appear on the logon screen.
    • Now, the command in step 5 should only delete the user account, while leaving that account's profile folder and files behind. You can delete them in File Explorer by navigating to "C:\Users" and deleting the "Username here" folder. You will have to take
      ownership of and confirm the deletion of several files and folders.

Techie007L, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

How do I delete a user profile and related files

1. How do I delete a user profile and related files - Similar Threads - delete user profile

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?: I’m selling my Suface Pro to buy a new one. Can I delete my user profile on my current PC? Or can I do a clean install of Windows without setting up a user profile. I want to have a clean hard drive before I sell it to the new owner/user? Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?: I’m selling my Suface Pro to buy a new one. Can I delete my user profile on my current PC? Or can I do a clean install of Windows without setting up a user profile. I want to have a clean hard drive before I sell it to the new owner/user? Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  5. How to delete user profile in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete user profile in windows: How to delete the user profile from the bootup screen. using Flash drive how to Delete multiple profiles from computers, using Flash drive is there any option to delete through a USB drive?...
  6. How to delete user profile in windows

How to delete user profile in windows: How to delete the user profile from the bootup screen. using Flash drive how to Delete multiple profiles from computers, using Flash drive is there any option to delete through a USB drive?...
  7. Delete User Profile

Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  8. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  9. How to Delete a User Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Delete a User Profile: I know nothing about softwares and how they work., let alone this whole OneDrive thing. I have a new notebook and I copied some files from an external hard drive. I didn't realise that it was saving everything to OneDrive. I got a message to say that my OneDrive had run out...
  10. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover a deleted user profile ?: I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete a user related files from computer