Windows 10: how do I delete a user

Discus and support how do I delete a user in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I delete a user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-user/970575ba-2e52-432d-81a4-2f5dc17f1d0f Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GaryHSr, Nov 10, 2020.

1. GaryHSr Win User

how do I delete a user

how do I delete a user

:)

GaryHSr, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 10, 2020
  4. how do I delete a user

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

how do I delete a user

1. how do I delete a user - Similar Threads - delete user

2. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  3. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...: Was wondering anyone knew how to get rid of this pop-up and or narrow down how to stop this from happening?Was unable to get image to post here but reads:----------------------------------------------------------------Delete File Pop-up WindowAre you sure you want to move...
  4. Recycle Bin - deleted File pops up when a new user logs into a Windows 10 system...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Deleting "other users" from stating on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting "other users" from stating on my computer.: I am using windows 11. When I start up my computer "other user" comes on my screen. I don't know how this got on computer. I went to setting under "family and friends" and there is no user listed but myself. I have been trying for delete this "other user" who I do not know...
  6. Deleting "other users" from stating on my computer.

Deleting "other users" from stating on my computer.: I am using windows 11. When I start up my computer "other user" comes on my screen. I don't know how this got on computer. I went to setting under "family and friends" and there is no user listed but myself. I have been trying for delete this "other user" who I do not know...
  7. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  8. how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account

how do i delete or reset a windows user account from a local account: When i turn my computer off and back it shows 3 different windows user accounts, one of which shows the actual email i used to create the account, the other just displays my first and last name, and the third being the only one i can get into is the local account. when i...
  9. Will reinstalling my Windows 11 cause my other Users to be deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will reinstalling my Windows 11 cause my other Users to be deleted?: Will my other User accounts be removed?Also are th personal files those considered to be in Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, VIdeo , pictures and other drives that were created by splitting the main drive: those are the D:/.... ?...
  10. Will reinstalling my Windows 11 cause my other Users to be deleted?

Will reinstalling my Windows 11 cause my other Users to be deleted?: Will my other User accounts be removed?Also are th personal files those considered to be in Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, VIdeo , pictures and other drives that were created by splitting the main drive: those are the D:/.... ?...