Windows 10: How do I delete a video file?

Discus and support How do I delete a video file? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title above says how do I do it? submitted by /u/DarBTS [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DarBTS, Mar 26, 2020.

1. /u/DarBTS Win User

How do I delete a video file?

As the title above says how do I do it?

submitted by /u/DarBTS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DarBTS, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Can't delete a video file from my foldier

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try deleting the video file in safe mode and check if it allows you to delete the file. If issue persist, try deleting it after taking full permission of video file. To do so, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on the file and click on Properties.

• Click on Security, check Owner should be "SYSTEM" in
        Advance tab.

• Now check the save for C:\Users\<username>

• Owner should also be "SYSTEM"

• Check the users you signed into windows as (should be your Microsoft account) should be in the "Permissions entries" list with "Full Contol"

• If not, Add the user you are logged in as.

• All the folders and sub-folders below should be "owned" by the user you are logged into windows with
        importantly, have a permissions entry for "full control"

• Check for all the related folder where you are getting same error, but for some reason that same user is missing a "Permission Entry". Add a "full control" entry for the user and you should be able
        to save to that folder and all sub-folders

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Mar 26, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I delete a video file? - Similar Threads - delete video file

2. How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?: I have Windows 11.How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos? I temporarily download some .avi and .mp4 files and then delete themMy computer seems to run awfully slow after that.Where are these residual files in Windows 11 and how do I delete them, please?Thanks...
  3. How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?: I have Windows 11.How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos? I temporarily download some .avi and .mp4 files and then delete themMy computer seems to run awfully slow after that.Where are these residual files in Windows 11 and how do I delete them, please?Thanks...
  4. How do I delete these files?

How do I delete these files?: I have a usb that I pluged into my pc after a while and I look into the usb to see 16 folders that did not look like normal folders they where a darker shade and all of the names of them where USUSUSUS.usu and when I tried to delete them I got a message saying that you need...
  5. How do I delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete these files?: I have a usb that I pluged into my pc after a while and I look into the usb to see 16 folders that did not look like normal folders they where a darker shade and all of the names of them where USUSUSUS.usu and when I tried to delete them I got a message saying that you need...
  6. Deleting a video file

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting a video file: Hello,In previous windows versions, deleting a video clip, there was a thumbnail of the video in the "delete" window. Since the last upgrade, when deleting a video, there is only an icon, please see attached screenshot.Is it possible to get this back ?It is just a matter of...
  7. How do I delete a file..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a file..: I've spent hours on this.. from adding "take over ownership" as a button when right-clicking a file, to deleting the file through admin CMD /del.. I've used other software, it's just a simple .txt file I need to be removed.. It's in the windowsapp folder but still is there...
  8. How do I recover recently deleted video files?

How do I recover recently deleted video files?: I recently deleted a few videos and now I regret. But I don’t know how to get it back. So how do I get the files back? submitted by /u/FuryYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbkj4l/how_do_i_recover_recently_deleted_video_files/
  9. How do I delete content, in the middle of a video, using Video editor

How do I delete content, in the middle of a video, using Video editor: First, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong forum. I am baffled by the vast array of categories. I recently got a new computer which has windows 10. It does not have good ole' movie maker; it has video editor. I think I know how to delete video from the...
  10. How do I delete a file that refuses to delete

How do I delete a file that refuses to delete: I tried to delete this dumb game called March of empires war of lords and everytime I try it wants the administrators permission I am logged in o that account. submitted by /u/tf2andsot [link] [comments]...