Windows 10: How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore

Discus and support How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a program and got infected. I deleted the folder that was downloaded and emptied my recycle bin. How can I delete the threat entry from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScooterMon, Jun 23, 2020.

1. How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore

I downloaded a program and got infected. I deleted the folder that was downloaded and emptied my recycle bin.

How can I delete the threat entry from Windows Defender other than allowing it.

:)

ScooterMon, Jun 23, 2020
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Jun 23, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore

File History - Deleting Entries

File History

Can I delete current individual Document entries in File History and still have File History work properly for future listings and maintain my old listings?

Another tech forum said:
    "File History keeps a database of all the files backed up. Since you manually deleted data in the File History folder (My Documents), the database and file store would be out of sync."

Do you agree?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore

1. How Do I Delete a Virus Threat Entry That Has No File On the PC Anymore - Similar Threads - Delete Virus Threat

2. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  3. how do I enable virus and threat protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I enable virus and threat protection?: how do I enable virus and threat protection? I'm not going to lie I installed cheats on my pc and every time i play a game i get kicked from the match.and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have virus and threat protection turned on but if you guys.can't help me...
  4. How do I delete a disk image file that says that is is currently running, as it has a virus...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete a disk image file that says that is is currently running, as it has a virus...: wont let me delete it as it says its running and i have tried force deleting it and it doesnt work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-disk-image-file-that-says-that/23ab1d3a-3dd5-4d9e-b96b-aa99c03c7fbd
  5. How do I delete a disk image file that says that is is currently running, as it has a virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a disk image file that says that is is currently running, as it has a virus...: wont let me delete it as it says its running and i have tried force deleting it and it doesnt work. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-disk-image-file-that-says-that/23ab1d3a-3dd5-4d9e-b96b-aa99c03c7fbd
  6. How do I delete a disk image file that says that is is currently running, as it has a virus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to remove virus or threat file from PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove virus or threat file from PC.: I scanned my computer and it shows "one threat found" i thought maybe deleting file helps me get rid of this threat but it deny and demand permission.what should i do? submitted by /u/Legitimate-Doubt4257 [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I turn on my virus and threat protection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I turn on my virus and threat protection?: Whenever I go on it says that it is managed by my organization and I don't know what that means because I don't belong to one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-virus-and-threat-protection/b46170fe-1721-4770-b738-a69a9815589a
  9. Virus and threat protection shows threats found, but the files have been deleted

Virus and threat protection shows threats found, but the files have been deleted: My windows defender found some threats in the kali linux iso file for obvious reasons. Now I have already deleted the file before taking actions through the windows defender. But its still showing threats from that file. How to get rid of it. [ATTACH]...
  10. How to scan your PC for viruses and threats

How to scan your PC for viruses and threats: Protect your PC with a quick scan for viruses and threats ⚠️! For more info click here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/protect-your-pc#protectpc [ATTACH]...