Windows 10: How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

Discus and support How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windows Category - All, May 18, 2022.

1. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive

:)

Windows Category - All, May 18, 2022
  2. Jizzler Win User

Extending volume problems

Looks like you'll need to go dynamic.

Jizzler, May 18, 2022
  3. Moose Win User
    Extending volume problems

I cannot extend my volumes in Disk Management or diskpart.exe, the option is greyed out. Is it because the partition is at the end of the disk? If so how to fix?
    The attachment has a screeny.

Moose, May 18, 2022
  4. meepo Win User

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

How can I extend the main volume of my disk?

I was dual-booting Ubuntu with Windows 10, but decided I no longer want Ubuntu on my SSD. I've deleted the contents of the partition, but I can't figure out how to extend the main partition to consume the extra unallocated space that was left behind after deleting the contents of the Ubuntu partition. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Open Disk management

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk [​IMG]

2. Right-click the volume I wish to extend

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk [​IMG]

As you can see, the extend option is unavailable. I thought maybe I just need to delete the 77gb partition to restore the space to the main partition, but it gives me what seems like a pretty serious alert when I try to delete the 77gb partition:

3. Attempting to delete the 77gb partition to restore the 77gb to the main partition

Does this mean that I will no longer have access to the 77gb if I delete the partition? Is this some irreversible change, or am I misunderstanding the warning?

meepo, May 18, 2022
Thema:

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

1. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk - Similar Threads - delete volume between

2. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  3. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    extend volume of the main disk: i cant extend the volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-volume-of-the-main-disk/b2b7de90-24e1-433f-86db-a8e130d694f0
  4. extend volume of the main disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. extend the volume of c disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  6. extend the volume of c disk

extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  7. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  8. How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a volume between an extended volume and an unallocated disk: CC There is a thing between unallocated and C drive, is there a master know how to delete it, I want to expand C drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-volume-between-an-extended/64b225f3-786f-4555-a0b1-42338919d993
  9. Can't delete or extend disk volume

Can't delete or extend disk volume: Hi,I'm trying to merge my C drive with my D drive and in the instructions, you need to delete the volume of the D drive first then extend the volume of the C drive, but in my case, both options are "greyed out". I've run the computer management in Administrative mode, and...
  10. Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space

Extending disk volume uisng unallocated space: Hi, I used to have a Linux partition on my computer alongside Windows. I no longer need the Linux partition. For now, I want to recover the 780.75GB unallocated space left on my Disk 0 the hard drive where Windows is NOT installed in. Disk Management shows this: [ATTACH]...