Windows 10: How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer

Discus and support How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently changed companies. I had access to my work sharepoint from my Home computer in Windows 11. I want to delete that account, but I don't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bob Cameron1, Dec 3, 2023.

1. How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer

I recently changed companies. I had access to my work sharepoint from my Home computer in Windows 11. I want to delete that account, but I don't see any options for removing the account when I look at the Setttings>Accounts>Email & Accounts screen.

:)

Bob Cameron1, Dec 3, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 3, 2023
  4. How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer

1. How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer - Similar Threads - delete account company

2. How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a Work account for a company I left from my home computer: I recently changed companies. I had access to my work sharepoint from my Home computer in Windows 11. I want to delete that account, but I don't see any options for removing the account when I look at the Setttings>Accounts>Email & Accounts screen....
  3. How do I remove an old work account from my computer

How do I remove an old work account from my computer: I used my personal laptop for a while when I started with my new company, when I received my work laptop I signed out of and deleted the old work account. I now have another work account on my personal laptop which was fine for about a year and now every day I get signed out...
  4. How do I remove an old work account from my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an old work account from my computer: I used my personal laptop for a while when I started with my new company, when I received my work laptop I signed out of and deleted the old work account. I now have another work account on my personal laptop which was fine for about a year and now every day I get signed out...
  5. How do I delete Native.exc from my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete Native.exc from my computer: How do I delete Native from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-nativeexc-from-my-computer/8eb59efa-275a-4274-a3e3-5a122889bbfe
  6. How do I delete Native.exc from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Native.exc from my computer: How do I delete Native from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-nativeexc-from-my-computer/8eb59efa-275a-4274-a3e3-5a122889bbfe
  7. How do I delete Native.exc from my computer

8. How do I delete a work account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I delete a work account?: I had set up a work account previously however have left the company, hence now I keep getting asked to sign into that work account which uses a different email address from my personal email used to set up microsoft administrator account on my personal surface Pro. When I...
  9. How do I remove my work account from my home computer?

How do I remove my work account from my home computer?: Even though I deleted my work email under "manage your accounts", I still get the pop up asking me to sign into my work email because it is "used by other apps." I am no longer working for that company and want to completely remove that email/account from my computer but...
  10. How do I delete an account from my computer?

How do I delete an account from my computer?: How do I delete an account from my computer? Please see the attached screenshot. I no longer work for this employer the second account in the list and wish to remove the account from my computer but I keep getting an 'account is locked' message. Any ideas?...