Windows 10: How do I delete all those iCloud Photos?

Discus and support How do I delete all those iCloud Photos? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Steprus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipj9ar/how_do_i_delete_all_those_icloud_photos/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Steprus, Sep 9, 2020.

1. How do I delete all those iCloud Photos?

/u/Steprus, Sep 9, 2020

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How do I delete all those iCloud Photos? :)

justinmreina, Sep 9, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Sep 9, 2020
  4. How do I delete all those iCloud Photos?

MANY iCloud Photos icons appearing in Explorer file directory. More generated every day. Folders are empty. No way to delete the icons.

I want to THANK @JackDaniels1171 for posting a solution on a related thread that helped me figure this out. I've edited his comments a bit to help others who may be suffering from this same, very frustrating problem.

As noted in my original post above, every time I logged in, a new iCloud Photos icon appeared in the left pane of my File Explorer directory. When it got to 28 entries, I screamed "Enough!" Here's what I ended up doing to fix it.

• I uninstalled iCloud for Windows.
    • I opened Regedit as Administrator.
    • I searched the registry for "iCloud Photos", matching the whole string.
    • The first result was located in this location.
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\

• This section of the registry contained many keys. There was one "iCloud Photos" key for each iCloud Photos folder appearing on the left side of my File Explorer directory listing, but there were also entries for
      other things that should be left as is.
      Be careful!
    • I resized the Regedit window in order to see the entire key so that I didn't inadvertently delete something I meant to keep.
    • In my case, there were 28 "iCloud Photos" key entries.
    • I carefully deleted each "iCloud Photos" key (and sub-keys) and moved on to the next "iCloud Photos" key. Sometimes the next key in the registry was an "iCloud Photos" key, but if not, I pressed F3 to locate the next one.
    • I kept careful track and deleted all 28 "iCloud Photos" keys in this section.
    • I pressed F3 again to search for the next entry. It was found in this section of the registry.
    [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\

• Like the previous section, this part of the registry included keys for iCloud Photos as well as
      other things.
    • There was one "iCloud Photos" key in the registry for each iCloud Photos folder appearing in my File Explorer directory listing.
    • I repeated the steps above to carefully delete each one.
    • I did NOT press F3 after deleting the last entry in this section. Instead, I closed all the branches in Regedit and went to the third section of the registry directly.
    -HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\

• Like the other sections, this part of the registry included keys for iCloud Photos as well as
      other things.
    • After carefully deleting all of the "iCloud Photos" key entries,
      I went to the fourth section of the registry directly.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel

• Like the other sections, this part of the registry included keys for iCloud Photos as well as
      other things.
    • I looked at the lengthy registry ID keys that I did NOT delete in the section above. I found a corresponding entry for each one in the keys listed in this section.
    • That left the "iCloud Photos" keys to be deleted. I counted them to make certain it was the same number that I had deleted in each of the previous three sections of the registry.
    • I deleted ONLY the "iCloud Photos" keys. I was
      very careful NOT to delete the keys corresponding to the things I kept in the prior section of the registry.
    • I exited Regedit and restarted my computer.
    • I checked my File Explorer directory and noted with delight that all of the unwanted iCloud Photos folders were gone. Yay!
    What I learned is this: For users who run
    both OneDrive and iCloud for Windows, every time the computer starts, iCloud logs in and OneDrive creates a new iCloud Photos folder in the File Explorer directory. By uninstalling iCloud for Windows, I eliminated the source of the problem. (I have
    better ways to back up and share my photos!) But, I still had to edit the registry to get rid of the accumulated pesky File Explorer directory entries.

All looks good now. Wherever you are, JackDaniels1171, THANK YOU!

Katemn1011, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

How do I delete all those iCloud Photos?

1. How do I delete all those iCloud Photos? - Similar Threads - delete those iCloud

2. Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud: I am getting a new iPhone so I wanted to enable iCloud Photos. It removed Finder photos already syncd via iTunes and reside on file system. Then it successfully transferred my Recent Photos, Videos, Favorites, Live, Panorama etc... I checked on my phone and iCloud.com and all...
  3. Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo App deleted majority of my iCloud Photos + How upload legacy pc photos to iCloud: I am getting a new iPhone so I wanted to enable iCloud Photos. It removed Finder photos already syncd via iTunes and reside on file system. Then it successfully transferred my Recent Photos, Videos, Favorites, Live, Panorama etc... I checked on my phone and iCloud.com and all...
  4. How to delete those files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  5. How to delete those files

How to delete those files: Hello someone can help me to delete those FILES . they appears when im pressing WIN + R and then i just tipe f and drag the box and they're appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-those-files/e79f1deb-81ec-4862-8420-9b7cc8a86290
  6. How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?: Over time, I've gotten new phones and computers. Each time I transfer my photos to OneDrive, I can't find a way to exclude duplicate photos. So now I have at least 2 additional copies of all my photos, sometimes more. They all have the file name that includes the word "copy"...
  7. How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?

How do I delete all duplicate photos at the same time?: Over time, I've gotten new phones and computers. Each time I transfer my photos to OneDrive, I can't find a way to exclude duplicate photos. So now I have at least 2 additional copies of all my photos, sometimes more. They all have the file name that includes the word "copy"...
  8. how do i delete my icloud history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete my icloud history: can i delete my internet history in icloud and if i can how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-icloud-history/869a15f9-83cc-4f1f-a2dc-de1767b989e2
  9. how do i delete my icloud history

how do i delete my icloud history: can i delete my internet history in icloud and if i can how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-icloud-history/869a15f9-83cc-4f1f-a2dc-de1767b989e2
  10. Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder

Unable to delete photos from iCloud Photos folder: On iCloud.com I deleted several hundred photos. As I watched the folder on my Windows PC many of the icons and files disappeared from my Windows PC. This is what I was expecting.But there were a few of the deleted photos that remained on the PC. This is the first indication...