Windows 10: How do i delete an administrator account?

Discus and support How do i delete an administrator account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have set up a new Inspiron but now wish to change the administrator and delete the old profile. How do i do this? Thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by barryh71, Jun 27, 2020.

1. barryh71 Win User

How do i delete an administrator account?

Hi,

I have set up a new Inspiron but now wish to change the administrator and delete the old profile. How do i do this?

Thanks

:)

barryh71, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

how do i delete an old corrupt Administrative account?

Hi Francisca,

If there's an account on your PC that you're not using anymore, we suggest that you remove it. Deleting unused user account will save a lot of space and will make your PC perform faster. For us to assist you, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below
    on how to remove an account in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button.
    • Click on the Settings app.
    • Select Accounts, and then navigate to Family and other users.
    • Click on the account that you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You’ll be prompted to confirm, and if you really want to continue, click
      Delete user account and data

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jun 27, 2020
  3. How do I delete administrator account on Windows 10

Hi Nathan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you need to delete the administrator account in Windows 10.

Note: It is not recommended to delete the administrator account in Windows. If you want to delete the administrator account, you need to have at least one administrator account in Windows.

Kindly follow the below steps carefully to delete the admin account.

Step 1:

First try to create one new Local user account in Windows 10.

Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Step 2:

After creating the local user account, follow the below steps to assign the local user account as admin.

• Login to the computer using your Microsoft admin account.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Click on Accounts in settings window.

• Click on family and other users.

• Click on new user account you created under
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Click change account type.

• Change the user type to
      Admin
      from Standard.

Step 3:

• Login through the new user account you have created.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      control panel.

• Click on User accounts.

• Click on Manage other account.

• Enter the password for the administrator account if prompted.

• Click on the account which you want to delete (Microsoft admin account).

• Click on Delete the account.

• Click on Delete the files.

Now the administrator account will be deleted (Microsoft admin account). You may try to login through Local user you have created.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 27, 2020
  4. How do i delete an administrator account?

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

How do i delete an administrator account?

1. How do i delete an administrator account? - Similar Threads - delete administrator account

2. How do i delete an administrator account in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i delete an administrator account in windows 11?: I've tried a few things but none seem to be working anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-administrator-account-in/bc156c02-e5cd-44e2-a481-d3a2560b37db
  3. How do i delete an administrator account in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i delete an administrator account in windows 11?: I've tried a few things but none seem to be working anyone know how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-administrator-account-in/bc156c02-e5cd-44e2-a481-d3a2560b37db
  4. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  5. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  6. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  7. How do I change or delete my original administrator account?

How do I change or delete my original administrator account?: I am having trouble with the fingerprint reader on my laptop and I can't solve the problem because the account that is being given to set up my 'Windows Hello' is my school email made for us by the school and that option says the organization doesn't support windows hello. In...
  8. How do I delete the Local Administrator on my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete the Local Administrator on my microsoft account?: How do I delete the Local Administrator user on my Microsoft account? I already have the only Administrator account with my password that I always use to do everything on Microsoft!...
  9. How do I remove an administrator account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove an administrator account?: We added a user to the computer and now want to change the administrator. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-an-administrator-account/efc159d8-bba4-482c-82bc-fb41ba10afad
  10. I deleted the administrative account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted the administrative account: I prefer to log in as a standard user... better security, etc... so i made the administrator account first... then made my standard user account... the computer always wants to log in as the administrator, so i was trying to find out how to change the default user (i'll ask...