Windows 10: How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

Discus and support How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Senior L, May 23, 2023.

1. Senior L Win User

How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in Settings, it affects the Bodno C: only, which is wrong.

:)

Senior L, May 23, 2023

2. External hard drive connected by USB port

I have this external hard drive that has been designated as F and also a removable flash drive as E. Both use USB ports and have been working. Now the computer sees neither after rebooting twice. Tried to switch the ports and drives also. Any suggestions?

VickiSchmidt, May 23, 2023
  3. lZKoce Win User
    Slow speeds when copying on external drive

Hi all,

since I installed TeraCopy I started to monitor my copy speeds and they are un-usually slow. Here is a real example. Laptop specs are in my profile, I have 3 USB 3.0 ports + 1 Super charge (the yellow one). Regular 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive. It copies at exactly 6MB/s from my laptop. I put it on another weaker specs laptop- 16MB/s, (same flash drive, same file). I hoked to a 10 years old DELL laptop- same result- 16mb/s. Tried with external HDD, same slow copy speeds from my USB ports. Seriously?

One solution I saw was to go to Device manager->Drives->Policies and switch to "Better performance", but use the icon to unplug the drive. Haven't tested with my drive, but another showed no difference at all.

I have no un-recognized devices on the list:

How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port... [​IMG]

lZKoce, May 23, 2023
  4. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

Slow speeds when copying on external drive

Slow Speed

Hiii..... Since you are facing from slow speed problems.. You need to take care of your computer very well otherwise it may stuck some day later.. So, first perform disk cleanup so that all your cookies are clear, update your PC with some antivirus. You can follow the steps and I belive it will be helpful for you.

USB storage devices can be optimized for either quick removal or performance. If optimized for quick removal, data transfer can potentially be reduced to a crawl.

To optimize your USB drive for performance:
    1.Right click on the USB drive and select properties
    2.Select the Hardware tab
    3.Under All Disk Drives, highlight your USB drive and select Properties
    4.Select the Policies tab and select Optimize for performance.
    5.Press OK twice, and your transfer speeds should increase dramatically
    Note that when your drive is optimized for performance you'll need to use the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the taskbar to eject the drive - otherwise you'll risk corrupting your data by just removing the drive from the port.

mariamenounous, May 23, 2023
Thema:

How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

1. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port... - Similar Threads - delete external drive

2. How do I transfer the programs from the 2tb M.2 drive to a new computer or external drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer the programs from the 2tb M.2 drive to a new computer or external drive...: I have a 2tb m.2 drive that has programs on it that was the c:\ drive on a laptop that bit the bullet. I never backed up these programs. Since, the old laptop doesn't work, I can't uninstall the programs on that computer. So, I need to move the programs from the M.2 drive to...
  3. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  4. How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an external drive I copied programs from? Drive was attached to a USB port...: I attached an external drive to a USB port to copy the files that I needed. The drive is shown as Bodno C:. I cannot delete drive as my WIN 10 system thinks this is the drive with my WIN 10 programs installed.How can I delete the drive?When 'Storage Sense' is tuned on in...
  5. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  6. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  7. How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive?: How do I copy photos from my hard drive to a USB flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-photos-from-my-hard-drive-to-a-usb/f24f8778-8e5b-4381-8274-2426dfe7f654
  8. How do I copy all my files to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I copy all my files to an external drive?: I’m about to hard reset my pc to clear everything. Is there a way that i could copy every file from my pc to my external drive. i know the drive has enough space for it plus i don’t want to have to pick and choose files only to realize i missed something important later....
  9. External hard drive connected by USB port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive connected by USB port: I have this external hard drive that has been designated as F and also a removable flash drive as E. Both use USB ports and have been working. Now the computer sees neither after rebooting twice. Tried to switch the ports and drives also. Any suggestions?...
  10. Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying folders from C: to external hard drive or USB: I'm switching from an old desktop running XP to a new laptop running Windows 10. I've copied folders, including some programs, to an external hard drive and/or a USB. Windows Explorer in XP allowed me to just highlight files or folders I want to copy, then right click to...