Windows 10: how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

Discus and support how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My old laptop broke and i had a windows app folder on my :D i have a new pc now and i cant delete it i read tutorials and they all did not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Agreeable_Ad_7313, Jan 9, 2021.

1. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

My old laptop broke and i had a windows app folder on my how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder :D i have a new pc now and i cant delete it
    i read tutorials and they all did not work

submitted by /u/Agreeable_Ad_7313
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Agreeable_Ad_7313, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Jordandr Win User

Cannot delete old WindowsApps folder from transferred D drive

I transferred a D drive with an old WindowsApps folder used for Xbox Game Pass to a new computer. When I tried to put the D drive as the default save location it gives me error code 0x80070005.

I was able to rename the old folder to "Old WindowsApps" so that the computer could place a new default "WindowsApps" save folder in my D drive.

I've already:

1. Made sure my time zone is correct
    2. Tried to delete in Safe Mode
    3. Made sure I am admin in general (2nd screenshot)
    4. Set myself as admin of folder and all subfolders (1st screenshot)
    5. Reset the Windows store page

I already have a new WindowsApps folder for Xbox games, how do I delete the old one?

how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder f7ae0e94-9967-4052-923d-0dff48a40e3b?upload=true.png

how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder ea87999f-839b-4e9b-aedb-57aeb42a9cfe?upload=true.png

Jordandr, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 9, 2021
  4. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

How To Delete Old Windowsapp Folder in C:\Program Files?

So recently I had done a system restore point. In order to have done that I needed to rename the Windowsapp folder (which I renamed to Windowsappss) which I did and system restore worked. After the system restore I noticed that there was another Windowsapp
    folder beside the old one (Windowsappss) and when I tried to delete the old folder I was not able to and said I did not have permission to do so. So my question is how do I completely remove the old Windowsapp folder?

Windows 10 is annoying, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder

1. how do i delete an old Windowsapp folder - Similar Threads - delete old Windowsapp

2. How to delete windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  3. How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?

How do I delete my old WindowsApp Folder?: Hi, I have recently upgraded my pc and moved my second hard drive from my old pc to my new one. I put in a new C drive with more space so I don't need to install games from the Microsoft store onto my hard drive. I reinstalled all my games but cannot find a way to delete...
  4. How do I delete an old OneDrive folder?

How do I delete an old OneDrive folder?: OneDrive was unable to complete a sync. After wasting too much time jumping through mindless hoops with Microsoft OneDrive support, I unlinked OneDrive and then relinked it to cache to a new location. So OneDrive works fine now. But I'm left with a large legacy folder...
  5. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...
  6. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...
  7. Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted WindowsApps, how do I restore?: So Game Pass for PC is broken. I had 200gb of games downloaded, canceled my subscription, and uninstalled all the games, but Game Pass only gave me 123gb of my space back. I found that all the games installation files are stored in the hidden folder 'WindowApps'. I tried...
  8. How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?

How do I hide the WindowsApps folder?: I know that the WindowsApps folder is for the apps I installed from the windows store but I moved it into my D:/ drive instead of the C:/ drive. It's just kind of cluttering up space and I want to hide it since I won't open it anyway. Whenever I try to do Properties > Hide,...
  9. How to delete old WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old WindowsApps folder?: I have the problem below. Please help me! 1. Yesterday, I have changed Windows Apps Installation Drive to E: -> Windows 10 created WindowsApps on E: -> I have changed back to C: but WindowsApps folder still exist on E: -> I can not deleted that folder. 2. I reset the...
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...