Windows 10: how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing

Discus and support how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attached the Windows Login on my laptop to a home account outlook.com and a work account .edu. I left work at the University and need to delete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobDobbsSlack, Jan 20, 2020.

1. how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing

I attached the Windows Login on my laptop to a home account outlook.com and a work account .edu. I left work at the University and need to delete the email account. I keep getting error messages that Microsoft can't access the .edu account - so I just want to delete. I haven't found any way to do it short of deleting the entire account. Is there a way to simply delete the .edu account from the log-in?

Bob

:)

BobDobbsSlack, Jan 20, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 7 Account Wont Delete

Create a new account first....then delete the old account.

jsfitz54, Jan 20, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Deleting hotmail accounts?

Dont log into them for 90 days. Used to be jsut 30 days. If you do nto log in for a certain length of time, the account gets removed. It can be re-activated for a certain length of time afterwords.

NOte that any log-in, using MSN messenger, or even a "live account" for gaming, will be considered a real log-in. ALso, having any game keys associated with teh live account will make it not get deleted as well.

cadaveca, Jan 20, 2020
  4. how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing

Windows 7 Account Wont Delete

The title pretty much says it all. There is only one account on my computer (me) besides Administrator. I do have Nvidia so "UpdateUser" doesnt count (does not show up on the login screen). After i restart my computer last night i noticed that windows doesnt go directly to my account and ask for my password. Instead i have to choose my account or another account that has randomly appeared on the windows log in screen. What is even more weird is that the name of the account is a secondary alias i use online. I installed iExplorer (from MacroPlant) to restore some old text messages on my iPhone but uninstalled it shortly after.

I have tried deleting the "account" from CMD, system profile, computer management and even control panel. I've done my research and i learned that every account as a Security Identifier...well this one doesn't have one in the registry.

If i attempt to delete the account and restart my computer (after two successful boots) the account will reappear again somehow. I dont have viruses or anything. I am running ESET and MSE.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this "ghost" account or profile permanently?

Thanks for the help.

IndependenT, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing

1. how do I delete an old work account from my Windows 10 log-in without deleting the whole thing - Similar Threads - delete old account

2. how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?: When I go to setting, accounts, accounts used by apps, there is no remove option. I can only manage it but then I need to log in but the account does not exist so I can't do anything. What do I do know?...
  3. how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I delete an old work account that is sharing apps?: When I go to setting, accounts, accounts used by apps, there is no remove option. I can only manage it but then I need to log in but the account does not exist so I can't do anything. What do I do know?...
  4. How do I delete my whole microsoft family?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my whole microsoft family?: I want to delete my whole Microsoft family account but I can't because when I try to remove a child it says to ask the person who gave them consent to remove the child but I gave them consent so it does not make sense. I can't even delete myself, every time I click "leave...
  5. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  6. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?: I deleted lots of things recently because ondrive was almost full but noticed some things on my pc were put on the recycle bin which I fortunately could retrieve but why would some things be removed from pc and some not? I played a game after deleted lots of files on onedrive...
  7. How I delete things from onedrive without deleting them from pc?

8. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  9. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  10. How do I delete a "work or school" account from WIndows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a "work or school" account from WIndows 10?: I have "work or school" account info on my Windows 10 machine from a company I formerly worked for. That account has been closed, but it still appears in Settings/Email & Accounts. When I clock on it, the Manage button comes up, but when I click it, it takes me to...