Windows 10: how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab

Discus and support how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SallyWynn, Jul 19, 2018.

1. SallyWynn Win User

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab

:)

SallyWynn, Jul 19, 2018

2. Internet Explorer 11 Programs Tab Disappears When Clicked

Using the steps you suggested does allow me to see the tab, but it doesn't work from inside Internet Explorer. This issue only occurs with the programs tab.

Here is a more detailed look.

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab ba59a71c-58f0-4257-b9ed-427825d5931c.png

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab 9a257be6-d999-43fe-9a3a-e4f97c5372da.png

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab 29028368-da76-4ae6-85b8-91e04d5ca227.png

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab 3dfc8b36-ff86-44d4-bfdb-101794c1c421.png

Recording Session: ‎6/‎2/‎2016 8:49:02 AM - 8:49:15 AM

Recorded Steps: 5, Missed Steps: 0, Other Errors: 0

Operating System: 10586.306.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160422-1850 10.0.0.0.2.4

Step 1: User left click on "Tools (button)" in "MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos & Videos - Internet Explorer"

Program: Internet Explorer, 11.00.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700), Microsoft Corporation, IEXPLORE.EXE, IEXPLORE.EXE

UI Elements: Tools, Favorites and Tools Bar, ToolbarWindow32, ControlBandClass, ReBarWindow32, Navigation Bar, WorkerW, MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos - Internet Explorer, IEFrame

Step 2: User left click on "Internet options (menu item)"

Program: Internet Explorer, 11.00.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700), Microsoft Corporation, IEXPLORE.EXE, IEXPLORE.EXE

UI Elements: Internet options, Context, #32768

Step 3: User left click on "Programs (tab item)" in "Internet Options"

UI Elements: Programs, SysTabControl32, Internet Options, #32770, MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos - Internet Explorer, IEFrame

Step 4: User left click on "Internet Options (dialog)" in "Internet Options"

UI Elements: Internet Options, #32770, MSN.com - Hotmail, Outlook, Skype, Bing, Latest News, Photos Videos - Internet Explorer, IEFrame

BerryGeorge, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Removal of Bing from Internet Explorer

Hi Joycelyn,

It is possible that the Bing search engine is set as default that is why you can't remove it. We suggest that you add another search engine and set it as default, then try to remove the Bing. See steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer and in the top right corner of the search box, click the down arrow.

how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab c651f015-cb56-4a68-964d-9e1050094d16.png
    • Click on Add and select the your preferred search engine.
    • On the upper right corner, click on Settings.
      how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab 2fea28e9-d4e7-444e-962f-ff0ed44b464c.png
    • Click on Manage add-ons then click on Search Providers on the left panel.
    • Right-click on your preferred search engine and click on Set as Default.
    • You can now right click on Bing and click on Remove.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jul 19, 2018
  4. how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab

Removing BING toolbar and BING start page from Windows 10 - (Internet Explorer 11? -10?)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide the more information.

• What is the make and model of the tablet?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

For now let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

As per your information, be informed that Internet Explorer 11 is by default on Windows 10. You can also check the version by following the bellow steps.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.
    • Now click on About Internet Explorer.
    For the issue with Bing toll bar, I would recommend you to uninstall the Bing toolbar from the Internet Explorer and check.

• Press Windows Key + X and select
      Control Panel

• Now click on Programs and Features and locate for
      Bing toolbar.
    • Right click on it and uninstall it.
    Step 2.

For the issue with webpage, I suggest you to set a different homepage and check.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear option.

• Click on Internet option, now type a link or set a homepage in the box.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

1. how do i delete bing and put in my preferred internet explorer "ecosia" to a new tab - Similar Threads - delete bing put

2. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  3. How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an 'Internet Shortcut' from File Explorer?: I have two 'internet shortcuts' in the document section of my files that are unable to be deleted. I have selected them and clicked the delete button at the top of the page, but they only disappear for a second before reappearing. They both direct me to OneNote on Google...
  4. Ecosia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ecosia: How can I uninstall Ecosia in Windows 10? It installed itself and won't allow me to change my search engine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ecosia/2699da3d-ea62-4a70-bc7f-79e433196c6e
  5. Ecosia

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ecosia: How can I uninstall Ecosia in Windows 10? It installed itself and won't allow me to change my search engine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ecosia/2699da3d-ea62-4a70-bc7f-79e433196c6e
  6. Ecosia

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How do I delete Bing and MSN News?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete Bing and MSN News?: why do you insist on sending me crap in languages other than my own (English) I was in Cambodia once and you assumed there was a problem with my live account everything related to this was in Cambodian I deleted live now I have deleted skype and I want to delete BING...
  8. Bing does not save my preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing does not save my preferences: Frequently after a shut down, or even a restart, I get signed out of my Bing and none of my preferences have been saved. Who do I have to blame for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-does-not-save-my-preferences/46330e33-3941-412e-8327-d6d7c38b3def
  9. "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab

in Browsers and Email
    "New tab" in Internet Explorer 11 - How to remove icon on tab: Is there any way to remove the icon from the "New tab" tab...? It was apparently added to IE 11 with the Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (1703/15063.138). The plain tab was just fine... 81949
  10. How do I delete the tab at the top?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete the tab at the top?: I am having a problem as by accident after reseting the computer and trying to install new apps, i got this internet address bar at the top. I would like to get rid of it, but I have no idea how to. Could someone tell me how do I do that? It's the tab the arrow is showing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add ecosia to internet explorer

2. add on ecosia internet explorer

3. how to change bing to ecosia

4. set ecosia as search engine in internet explorer,
  5. ecosia add on for bing,
  6. how to make ecosia my new tab,
  7. change default search engine bing to ecosia,
  8. adding ecosia as defaul search provider on internet explorer 11,
  9. change from bing to ecosia,
  10. ecosia add in for IE,
  11. ecosia internet explorer,
  12. add ecosia to internet explorer search providers,
  13. i have ecosia as my search engine why am i getting the bing search bar in a new tab,
  14. use ecosia on internet explorer,
  15. how to add ecosia to bing