Windows 10: How do i Delete DirectX 12

Discus and support How do i Delete DirectX 12 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Please could you help. How do i delete DirectX12 so that i can install 11. 12 keeps crashing my games and im really tied of it. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonBenadretti, Apr 30, 2020.

1. How do i Delete DirectX 12

Hi

Please could you help.

How do i delete DirectX12 so that i can install 11. 12 keeps crashing my games and im really tied of it.

Thanks

:)

JasonBenadretti, Apr 30, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Vinod Archak, Apr 30, 2020
  4. botperson Win User

How do i Delete DirectX 12

I have DirectX 12, but application requires DirectX 11

Hello.

I do have directX, but just not 11, i have 12. My question is why I cant run a directX 11 app with directX 12. The link sent was a link to the directX installation. Please read the question before posting the answer.

Thanks!

Aditya Radhakrishnan

botperson, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

How do i Delete DirectX 12

1. How do i Delete DirectX 12 - Similar Threads - Delete DirectX

2. Storage full, but deleted the wrong folder, can I get them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage full, but deleted the wrong folder, can I get them back: I've deleted the wrong folder so I could clear storage on my laptop, is there a way that i can get the folder back?I've checked recycle bin, nothing there Don't think I've back it upsilly I knowAnd can't seem to find a restore point.Any help would be greatly appreciated Gary...
  3. Storage full, but deleted the wrong folder, can I get them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage full, but deleted the wrong folder, can I get them back: I've deleted the wrong folder so I could clear storage on my laptop, is there a way that i can get the folder back?I've checked recycle bin, nothing there Don't think I've back it upsilly I knowAnd can't seem to find a restore point.Any help would be greatly appreciated Gary...
  4. Storage full, but deleted the wrong folder, can I get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not

Can't delete program or folder because computer says its open even though it's not: I've been having this issue where I try to delete a program or folder, but I can't because my computer says its currently in use and is open in another program, even though its not open anywhere on my computer. No matter how hard I click on 'try again', it won't let me delete...
  6. How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?: Every each of my childhood games need old versions of directx espicially directx9.. when i try to open it it always says searching for required files and it starts to eternal search for hours. I use directx 12 but my system acts like i have missing files from older versions...
  7. How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?

How Can i Downgrade DirectX or delete it ?: Every each of my childhood games need old versions of directx espicially directx9.. when i try to open it it always says searching for required files and it starts to eternal search for hours. I use directx 12 but my system acts like i have missing files from older versions...
  8. How to delete DirectX Shader Cache in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete DirectX Shader Cache in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to delete DirectX Shader Cache in Windows 11 or Windows 10 computers, then it is possible to remove DirectX Shader Cache using the Disk Cleanup tool and Windows Settings. This article explains both methods, and you can follow any of them as per your...
  9. TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    TaskSchedulerLibrary\Microsoft\OneCore\DirectX: Permission to delete?: On one (and only one of three) of my PCs running 20H2 Pro, Task Scheduler has a OneCore folder (which contains a DirectX folder which contains NO tasks), and when I try to delete the empty sub-folder and then tried to delete the OneCore folder (to see what would happen...
  10. Does the DirectX Shader Cache itself which improves responsiveness or is it deleting it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does the DirectX Shader Cache itself which improves responsiveness or is it deleting it?: In the temporary files section in the storage settings, there's an option for DirectX Shader Cache. The description though, is quite unclear:"Clean up files created by the graphics system which can speed up application load time and improve responsiveness."Does this mean that...