Windows 10: How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

Discus and support How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RuthBurley, Feb 1, 2023.

1. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I thought I would delete files instead. But, I'm concerned that if I delete files on the old laptop, that they will be deleted on my new one too since I use OneDrive. I don't see a "free up space" option which I saw as an older answer to this same question. Also, if I can't reset my old laptop, what are my options to make it safe to dispose of? Do I need to take a hammer to it? Kidding, but really...... what do I do?

:)

RuthBurley, Feb 1, 2023
  2. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, Feb 3, 2023
  3. question on how to permanently delete files?

Can some one tell me how to permanently delete files that i delete from the recycle bin.?

Achilles1600, Feb 3, 2023
  4. Demos_sav Win User

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

Cannot delete files in Temp

I have that same problem. But the file I want to delete contains viruses too. I tried everything you said but nothing works. Could you please send me the secure deleter you wrote?

Demos_sav, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

1. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another? - Similar Threads - delete files computer

2. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  3. How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my onedrive shortcuts from one computer but not another?: I've had a desktop with windows 10 for a couple years now and I have a lot of files on it saved to my OneDrive rather than my SSD video games, chrome shortcuts, etc.. I just bought a new laptop with windows 11. When setting it up, all of the shortcuts from my desktop appeared...
  4. How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC

How do I delete files from my Laptop without the deleting from my PC: I recently bought a laptop for school, and synced my one drive but now all my apps on on my laptops home page. Just wondering how I can remove those apps without losing them on my gaming PC...
  5. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I thought I would delete files instead. But, I'm concerned that if I delete files on the old laptop, that they will be deleted...
  6. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I am trying to wipe the hard drive clean on an old laptop, but I keep getting an error message, so the reset was unsuccessful after many tries. So, I thought I would delete files instead. But, I'm concerned that if I delete files on the old laptop, that they will be deleted...
  7. How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?: I have done everything from checking Always keep on this device on the pc i want to keep it, to the free up space thing on the pc I don't want it on. not matter what I do, if I delete the shortcut from my Surface Book the same thing gets deleted off my gaming computer. is...
  8. How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do I delete a desktop shortcut from one computer without deleting it from another?: I have done everything from checking Always keep on this device on the pc i want to keep it, to the free up space thing on the pc I don't want it on. not matter what I do, if I delete the shortcut from my Surface Book the same thing gets deleted off my gaming computer. is...
  9. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I just got a new laptop and I synced my OneDrive which downloaded everything from desktop. I plan to use this computer for school but I want to delete some files that I don't need on this computer without deleting it from my desktop. Is there a way to do that?Also, I've...
  10. How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?

How do I delete files from one computer without deleting it from another?: I just got a new laptop and I synced my OneDrive which downloaded everything from desktop. I plan to use this computer for school but I want to delete some files that I don't need on this computer without deleting it from my desktop. Is there a way to do that?Also, I've...