Windows 10: How do i delete from windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName"?

Discus and support How do i delete from windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName"? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A new dead icon appears at my windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName". Right click it gives me only the option more then app setting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R-R&R, Sep 29, 2020.

1. R-R&R Win User

How do i delete from windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName"?

A new dead icon appears at my windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName".

Right click it gives me only the option more then app setting.

app setting opens the app setup menu.

I searched in all all %/windows/start/menu places and couldn't find the dead icon

:)

R-R&R, Sep 29, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User
  3. bro67 Win User
  4. 180sx Win User

Vista - Weird error trying to delete Start Menu item

Hey mate (yes im from australia)

I had this problem just before and fixed it pretty easily.
    Have to use the good old command prompt and delete from there.
    Windows is just gettin shitter and shitter isnt it. might go back to DOS soon lol

Steps> CMD in run > go to the folder (start menu folder) > type: DEL (watever the filename is) and if it says from filename put in the shortname eg. 034Michael short would maybe be 034Mich~l or sumthing like that.

THIS WILL WORK, THIS HAS HAPPEN TO ME 4 TIMES NOW LOL fukin vista!!*Bang Head :banghead:

180sx, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How do i delete from windows 10 start menu "ms-resource:TileDisplayName"? - Similar Threads - delete start menu

2. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  3. ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource on my Windows Start Menu Windows 11 Pro: Hello there, A few days ago, my win11 was upgraded to the latest bate channel update, which is version 22622.601. But due to some inexplicable problems in the update, I updated it several times until it succeeded, and after this update, my start menu interface has changed a...
  4. I deleted Explorer from the Windows start menu...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted Explorer from the Windows start menu...: Hi, I didn't like to see all my apps in folders in Start Menu. So I checked C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and removed the folder where was explorer.exe without doing it on purpose. Is there a way to have it back because now...
  5. I deleted Explorer from the Windows start menu...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Explorer from the Windows start menu...: Hi, I didn't like to see all my apps in folders in Start Menu. So I checked C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ and removed the folder where was explorer.exe without doing it on purpose. Is there a way to have it back because now...
  6. I deleted Explorer from the Windows start menu...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why ms-resource: AppListName is showing on my Start menu?: I just got my new laptop with windows 10 set up 2 days ago..... and this issue appeared.... is this normal anyway? and how can I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-ms-resource-applistname-is-showing-on-my-start/548e87f6-07a5-457d-9cb9-daf7ffbfe3c2
  8. Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    Delete ms-resource:AppName/Text entry in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users have reported seeing ms-resource:AppName/Text mutant/rogue entry on Start menu after upgrading to later versions of Windows 10. In this post, we describe what this item is and how to get rid of it. The good news [...] This post Delete...
  9. Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 - 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared in Start Menu: Hi All ! I am using Windows 10 Pro v1903 Build 18362.175 I have in my Start menu, 3 bad lines "ms-resources" that appeared at the bottom of the menu in the "Others" section. (see my screenshot, in French *Party) and it does not correspond to anything. No errors with SFC or...
  10. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935