Windows 10: how do i delete hidden network

Discus and support how do i delete hidden network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; how do i remove an hidden network from my computer since someone has done something to my internet connection so it is now slower than normal i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Affectionate-Lab-337, Jul 23, 2020.

1. how do i delete hidden network

how do i remove an hidden network from my computer since someone has done something to my internet connection so it is now slower than normal

i recently came onto my pc when i noticed "hidden connection" on my pc so i think this is the problem how do i remove it theres no option and it connects automatically do i go into command prompt?

also how can i check if someone has installed a software on my computer that effects my internet. my pc has been tampered with. any help would be great

submitted by /u/Affectionate-Lab-337
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Affectionate-Lab-337, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we need to know some additional information:

• Have you tried connecting to that hidden network before?
    • what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can also check the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    about hidden network.

For further assistance, feel free to post us back.

Remon Ont, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Delete "hidden network"

Hi,

Deleting or Blocking available networks can only be done using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Type netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WLAN name"
      networtype=infrastructure (Replace WLAN name with "hidden network" or the name of the wireless network you want to block) and press
      Enter.
    • Close Command Prompt.
    To remove/delete the network from the block list. Replace "add" with "delete" on the command in step two.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 30, 2020
  4. iswigalot Win User

how do i delete hidden network

Hidden Network - Where is it - How do I delete it?

For my main computer (Windows 10) I use ethernet so it will be faster. My other computers, tablets, phone, connect wirelessly.

When I click the network icon on the task bar of my main computer it shows my network with wireless & ethernet icons. Plus there is a "Hidden Network" listed there. What is this? I can find no information about it. How do I know that I haven't been hacked
    and some one else is using my network with this "Hidden Network."

When I click Connect on the "Hidden Network" icon I am asked for the name, password and other information. I have no idea what the names, passwords etc. are.

How do I get rid of this? Delete it or find information about it? I know absolutely nothing about this. Thanks for any information.

iswigalot, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

how do i delete hidden network

1. how do i delete hidden network - Similar Threads - delete hidden network

2. how do i delete hidden city game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete hidden city game: the game is locked up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-hidden-city-game/d2bb7818-f37c-4679-9744-7a455c8df5d9
  3. How do I delete a hidden language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a hidden language?: For some reason French just apearred as a third language, but it's not present in the language-keyboard menu(so I cant delete it), only on the taskbar. How do I delete it? submitted by /u/Somethinghells [link] [comments]...
  4. How do I delete a hidden sysmon folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a hidden sysmon folder?: I installed sysmon for school activities, however after uninstalling, I ran a storage check using TreeSize and found a hidden Sysmon folder. Tried deleting its content 12gb~ but I require permission from.. myself? I tried to mess around with permissions of the hidden sysmon...
  5. How do I delete a hidden sysmon folder?

How do I delete a hidden sysmon folder?: I installed sysmon for school activities, however after uninstalling, I ran a storage check using TreeSize and found a hidden Sysmon folder. Tried deleting its content 12gb~ but I require permission from.. myself? I tried to mess around with permissions of the hidden sysmon...
  6. How do I delete a hidden sysmon folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10: How do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-delete-a-wifi-network-called-hidden/73fa3e8c-91a6-4651-a4bc-0f2fef580ac7
  8. how do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10

how do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10: How do you delete a WiFi network called "Hidden Network" in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-delete-a-wifi-network-called-hidden/73fa3e8c-91a6-4651-a4bc-0f2fef580ac7
  9. How To Delete a Hidden Network in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Delete a Hidden Network in Windows 10?: I created a wireless connection yesterday (I tried to create a network that's equivalent to the previous "ad-hoc connection" in Windows 7 for sharing data between 2 laptops in the house.) This connection shows on the list of "Available Networks" as a "Hidden Network". I...
  10. How do I remove a Hidden Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a Hidden Network: In an effort to be more secure I created a hidden network that is not allowing me to connect to any hotspots, how do I remove the hidden network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-hidden-network/2c12f2f1-96f6-43a2-9b2b-4a257c4ed29c