Windows 10: How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10

Discus and support How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My C Drive in "This PC" has just changed and is now showing thisI'm concerned that I might delete important system files by mistake so how can I safely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taffy087, May 20, 2022.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10

My C Drive in "This PC" has just changed and is now showing thisI'm concerned that I might delete important system files by mistake so how can I safely delete items, please?

:)

Taffy087, May 20, 2022
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10 ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 20, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2022
  4. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, May 20, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - delete items Drive

2. How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete items quarantined by Windows Defender?: Windows Defender successfully quarantined a trojan, but when I check the Protection History it doesn't show the option to delete the item itself. What do I need to do to delete the item immediately?...
  3. How do I deleted user folders from Windows 10 Pro on the C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I deleted user folders from Windows 10 Pro on the C drive?: I run a small business and we use Windows 10 Pro on all of our workstations. We have several "user folders" on the workstations that I'd like to delete because those employees are no longer with us. I go into Local Disk, Users and try to delete them but it says I need their...
  4. How do I deleted user folders from Windows 10 Pro on the C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I deleted user folders from Windows 10 Pro on the C drive?: I run a small business and we use Windows 10 Pro on all of our workstations. We have several "user folders" on the workstations that I'd like to delete because those employees are no longer with us. I go into Local Disk, Users and try to delete them but it says I need their...
  5. How do I deleted user folders from Windows 10 Pro on the C drive?

6. How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10

How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10: My C Drive in "This PC" has just changed and is now showing thisI'm concerned that I might delete important system files by mistake so how can I safely delete items, please?...
  7. How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10

How do I delete items from my C Drive? Windows 10: My C Drive in "This PC" has just changed and is now showing thisI'm concerned that I might delete important system files by mistake so how can I safely delete items, please?...
  8. How do I delete my user folder from Disc C?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete my user folder from Disc C?: Hi. I just built a PC with dual drives- an SSD as Disc C and a 2TB hard drive as Disc D. Because I want to keep my PC running fast and smooth, I decided to redirect my user directory to disc D. All documents, downloads, desktop folders, etc. It worked, but now I am trying to...
  9. in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?

in windows 10 how do you change drives from c to d my C drive is just for windows?: Hi; I have 2 drives C for windows 10 operating system 118 gig ssd drive and 1t for everything else. How do you change the C drive to my D drive. I need a simple way to do this, and can I change all ready installed programs from c to d drive[ex: iTunes]. I hope someone in...
  10. How to delete users from C:\ drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete users from C:\ drive: Hi, I have searched available option from the community but could not happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-delete-users-from-c-drive/54706a6c-a5a6-4a18-b2f6-c0dbe7893ff7"