Windows 10: how do i delete mcafee residual files?

Discus and support how do i delete mcafee residual files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i attempted to delete Mcafee but it left residual files and i need permission from system when im an administrator? is there any way to fix this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ducky#, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Ducky# Win User

how do i delete mcafee residual files?

i attempted to delete Mcafee but it left residual files and i need permission from system when im an administrator? is there any way to fix this and delete the mcafee files under "C:\Program Files\McAfee"? the mcafee files are preventing me from downloading an antivirus.

:)

Ducky#, Jul 30, 2021
  2. topcycle1 Win User

Removal of residue files of McAfee

Yes Defender is enabled. I have done the "safemode" also. Did a "This PC" search for Mcafee, list 68 files. I have tried doing a group removal/delete and I get this "program is being used by another file". I also have tried removing them separately which
    takes all day to go thru each file to remove, and get the same reply from some of the files. It also tells me only Administrator will only let me do it, but I am in that mode. Any other suggestion?

topcycle1, Jul 30, 2021
  3. bhringer Win User

Check Task Manager to see if there may still be McAfee processes running. If so kill processes and then try deleting files. Also check startup and Task Scheduler for McAfee entries.

Which McAfee product was installed? Any chance it was Safety Scanner that sometimes comes bundled with Adobe Flash Player installation.

As I suggested in my previous reply , you might consider contacting McAfee support (click on blue highlighted link in previous reply).

~

bhringer, Jul 30, 2021
  4. topcycle1 Win User

I used that. It removed the program. I did a system search and there are a list of Mcafee files left over that I want removed. How do I remove those?

topcycle1, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. how do i delete mcafee residual files? - Similar Threads - delete mcafee residual

2. How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?: I have Windows 11.How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos? I temporarily download some .avi and .mp4 files and then delete themMy computer seems to run awfully slow after that.Where are these residual files in Windows 11 and how do I delete them, please?Thanks...
  3. How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos?: I have Windows 11.How do I delete "residue" files after removal of videos? I temporarily download some .avi and .mp4 files and then delete themMy computer seems to run awfully slow after that.Where are these residual files in Windows 11 and how do I delete them, please?Thanks...
  4. How do I uninstall Mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall Mcafee: I have been using windows 11 for about a year and I am just so fed up with Mcafee. I cannot find a way to uninstall it and it keeps changing my browser to **** yahoo. Mcafee is the **** "anti-virus software" ever, I just want to burn it. How do I uninstall it....
  5. How do I delete McAfee?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete McAfee?: How do i eliminate Mcafee sp? What U.S. substitute should i use instead and why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-mcafee/fa9d988e-61ab-42fe-9311-03f40c05ee73
  6. How do I delete residue folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete residue folders?: Hello, I installed a game through Xbox (beta) on my second HDD disk. After I decided to delete it, some folders appeared there and they cannot be deleted. [ATTACH] Even after I switched the settings back. [ATTACH] It's really annoying because the files eat 80GB of my...
  7. I want to delete a .bup file. Where & how do I do that. It was set up by McAfee quarantgine.

I want to delete a .bup file. Where & how do I do that. It was set up by McAfee quarantgine.: I need a procedure to delete a McAfee Quarantined .bup file in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-a-bup-file-where-how-do-i-do-that/6ced4a93-5b43-46a3-b0f5-492acd68907c"
  8. Avast Residual Files

Avast Residual Files: How do I remove Avast residual files from my computer? During one of my CCleaner updates, I missed the decline of downloading Avast anti-virus and now I can't get rid of the apparent residual files. I successfully uninstalled the program but I can't get rid of the lingering...
  9. Removal of residue files of McAfee

Removal of residue files of McAfee: I used the uninstall from mcafee to remove the installation. how do I remove the rest of the hidden files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/removal-of-residue-files-of-mcafee/778ca84f-d43b-40fb-82e5-08d05b7d2ddc
  10. Removeal of residue files of mcafee

Removeal of residue files of mcafee: I used the uninstall from mcafee to remove the installation. how do I remove the rest of the hidden files ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/removeal-of-residue-files-of-mcafee/778ca84f-d43b-40fb-82e5-08d05b7d2ddc