Windows 10: How do I delete my recent files?

Discus and support How do I delete my recent files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eviedog11, Jun 19, 2020.

1. eviedog11 Win User

How do I delete my recent files?

So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks.

:)

eviedog11, Jun 19, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 19, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Jun 19, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I delete my recent files? - Similar Threads - delete recent files

2. How do I delete the bstkdrv_bgp.sys file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete the bstkdrv_bgp.sys file?: I've tried so many things to delete this virus and it won't do anything. I tried resetting my computer, I tried to install anti-virus, I can't find any good software deleters, and I'm so stressed over it. This file is trojan infected and I can't hear anything nor use the...
  3. How do I remove the recent files thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the recent files thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Andypro69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i843a6/how_do_i_remove_the_recent_files_thing/
  4. How do I recover recently deleted video files?

How do I recover recently deleted video files?: I recently deleted a few videos and now I regret. But I don’t know how to get it back. So how do I get the files back? submitted by /u/FuryYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbkj4l/how_do_i_recover_recently_deleted_video_files/
  5. how do i delete png files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete png files.: how do i delete png files. i get "i don't have permission to to delete " I'm the administrator , what gives! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-png-files/4f9eaa63-a583-4bac-9dd5-d83ef6258ac7
  6. How do I delete a video file?

How do I delete a video file?: As the title above says how do I do it? submitted by /u/DarBTS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fpbczw/how_do_i_delete_a_video_file/
  7. Deleted file in "Recent Files"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file in "Recent Files": Should a deleted PDF file be listed in Windows 10 "Recent Files"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-file-in-recent-files/a43e213a-9aea-4f6a-a7e2-579756076a18"
  8. How do I delete a file that refuses to delete

How do I delete a file that refuses to delete: I tried to delete this dumb game called March of empires war of lords and everytime I try it wants the administrators permission I am logged in o that account. submitted by /u/tf2andsot [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background?: Hi! I've been having some trouble with my computer's internet speed and battery. I have the new surface pro. I noticed that after an update, the computer started saving my recent activity on the background, but it has been trouble shooting, going slower and I think it's been...
  10. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642