Windows 10: How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

Discus and support How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saam Adams, Apr 16, 2024.

1. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external storage hard-drive. In an attempt to organize her computer for her i am removing all these weird left over things. But since this system already has a "Public" users folder i assume it will not harm the system and is just an unnecessary duplicate. So how do i delete the public user folder from the external drive?

:)

Saam Adams, Apr 16, 2024

2. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external storage hard-drive. In an attempt to organize her computer for her i am removing all these weird left over things. But since this system already has a "Public" users folder i assume it will not harm the system and is just an unnecessary duplicate. So how do i delete the public user folder from the external drive?

Saam Adams, Apr 17, 2024
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

That sounds like a backup from another drive, is there a lot of other data on that drive apart from that 'Important Old Drive folder'?

Please provide a screenshot of the content of that backup folder

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2024
  4. scopio Win User

Moving Public Folder to another drive

I have been asked to install an HDD in a church pc which only has a 224GB SanDisk SSD which is running out of space.
    The problem I can foresee is that the church uses an application called SongPro which insists to install in the C:\Users\Programs File (x86) and the data files in the
    C:\Users\Public\SongPro5 folder and does not give the option to be installed software
    on another drive.
    I have searched the web if and how the Public folder can be moved to another drive and found that it can be done using the following steps;

1. COPY (don’t MOVE) the C:\USERS\PUBLIC folder to a different disk or partition
    2. Click the START button and type REGEDIT (not case sensitive) and press enter
    3. Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > PROFILE LIST
    4. Double click on PUBLIC
    5. Correct the path
    6. Reboot the PC
    7. Go to C:\USERS\PUBLIC and delete everything
    Can someone here please confirm if the SongPro software is installed in C:\Users\Programs File (x86) (the SSD) and the path Public\SongPro5 folder moved to another folder will work?

How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public" 231719d1556232270t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro1.jpg

How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public" 231720d1556232296t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro2.jpg

How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public" 231721d1556232319t-moving-public-folder-another-drive-songpro3.jpg

scopio, Apr 17, 2024
Thema:

1. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public" - Similar Threads - delete IMPORTANT OLD

2. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  3. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  4. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  8. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  9. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...