Windows 10: How do I delete old messages in Your Phone

Discus and support How do I delete old messages in Your Phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new PC that came with Microsoft Your Phone to link SMS messeges with my cell phone. Works ok, except, cannot delete messages in the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jsma5333, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jsma5333 Win User

How do I delete old messages in Your Phone

I purchased a new PC that came with Microsoft Your Phone to link SMS messeges with my cell phone. Works ok, except, cannot delete messages in the app on my PC. MS instructions say to delete content on my phone and that will sync with the PC app..... NOT WORKING. Content remains on my PC

:)

jsma5333, Oct 21, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 21, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I delete old messages in Your Phone - Similar Threads - delete old messages

2. How do I enable the Calls feature on the "Your Phone" app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable the Calls feature on the "Your Phone" app?: So I have the latest version of Windows 10 (November update, 18363.476) and I also got a PCIe Wifi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0 (Intel AX200) card for my desktop hoping I could have this feature enabled by now....
  3. How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?: How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone? I installed it to see if it was useful for me, it wasn't. When I try to delete it it won't, acts like a system application. You know what kind of program won't let you uninstall it once it's on your system? A virus....
  4. How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone?: How do i remove the Your Phone Companion app from my phone? I installed it to see if it was useful for me, it wasn't. When I try to delete it it won't, acts like a system application. You know what kind of program won't let you uninstall it once it's on your system? A virus....
  5. How do I launch Your Phone Companion on android?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I launch Your Phone Companion on android?: I have an s10+ and the app seems to be installed by default since uninstalling it from playstore shows an update button instead of install. My issue it that the "Your Phone" app on windows is telling me to download the companion app and sign in there but i can't even launch...
  6. how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you change your phone number on your microsoft profile as mine is an old one: An old phone number needs to be reset on my account profile any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-your-phone-number-on-your/92efc634-618b-4347-9ff1-48aec80f81ae"
  7. "you got a message on your phone"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "you got a message on your phone": Two times now, I received a message that sounds like this: "you got a message on your phone" "want to see phone messages on this PC too? YES, NO, Maybe Later" So that is the message I got on my Windows 10 PC, in a system notification. First, I don't own a cell phone,...
  8. How do you set the name of a phone in the "Your Phone" app

How do you set the name of a phone in the "Your Phone" app: Mine shows up as this annoying name: [ATTACH] I have tried removing the device and re-adding it, but the same result. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-set-the-name-of-a-phone-in-the-your/9639e258-6ba3-48fd-9913-fe4419054e0a
  9. How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10?

How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10?: How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10/e7b8650f-6a44-41b8-b70a-0dedbfcab156
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...