Windows 10: How do I delete old messages in Your Phone

Discus and support How do I delete old messages in Your Phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new PC that came with Microsoft Your Phone to link SMS messeges with my cell phone. Works ok, except, cannot delete messages in the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jsma5333, Oct 21, 2019.

1. jsma5333 Win User

How do I delete old messages in Your Phone

I purchased a new PC that came with Microsoft Your Phone to link SMS messeges with my cell phone. Works ok, except, cannot delete messages in the app on my PC. MS instructions say to delete content on my phone and that will sync with the PC app..... NOT WORKING. Content remains on my PC

:)

jsma5333, Oct 21, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 21, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I delete old messages in Your Phone - Similar Threads - delete old messages

2. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  3. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  4. Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App: I have a new Samsung Galaxy S22+, and a Win10 desktop computer. I removed the app when I had a Galaxy S8, for the same reasons I am preparing to do so again. NOT user-friendly. I have old messages from a few days ago, STILL showing up in the app. They were DELETED FROM MY...
  5. Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App

Cannot Delete OLD messages in Phone Link App: I have a new Samsung Galaxy S22+, and a Win10 desktop computer. I removed the app when I had a Galaxy S8, for the same reasons I am preparing to do so again. NOT user-friendly. I have old messages from a few days ago, STILL showing up in the app. They were DELETED FROM MY...
  6. Your Phone - Cannot Delete phishing message

Your Phone - Cannot Delete phishing message: A phishing message " you are owed a refund" appeared in my Your Phone app. There is no corresponding message on my phone so I cannot delete it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled "Your Phone" and both devices, my tablet and my Android phone. After syncing, the message...
  7. Your Phone app: how to delete messages

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your Phone app: how to delete messages: I have Your Phone app installed. But I want to delete messages from this app. How can I delete them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-how-to-delete-messages/e991a5fe-aca4-478c-9333-c4ad27555033
  8. How do I delete messages from the MS Your Phone PC app?

How do I delete messages from the MS Your Phone PC app?: How do I delete messages from the MS Your Phone PC app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-messages-from-the-ms-your-phone-pc/50273ac0-f054-49fb-b776-daf978d414fc
  9. How do you delete messages in Phone App?

How do you delete messages in Phone App?: How do you delete messages in Phone App? Messages in Phone App * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Messages in Phone App...
  10. Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone app shows old phone no matter what I do.: I recently got a new phone and coincidentally got a new SSD for my computer so I reformatted the drive and installed Windows 10 from scratch. When I load the Your Phone app, it still has my old phone. I have tried the following Settings -> Apps -> Your Phone ->...