Windows 10: How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages

Discus and support How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/DMGLMGMLG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glolpm/how_do_i_delete_old_updates_manually_windows/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DMGLMGMLG, May 17, 2020.

1. How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages

/u/DMGLMGMLG, May 17, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Why don't the old versions of software get deleted when updating?

Most of the Microsoft ones are looked at as updates.
    The Java ones... you have to delete the versions you don't want.

There are ways to clean up the listing... manually or by some software.

EDIT: Some is poorly written software that does not clean up after itself, too.

95Viper, May 17, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Meh that's what updates do now. You could delete the upgrade folder in the HDD or clean the updates via windows clean updates tool but deleting the folder could cause a issue for trying to do a system restore

rk3066, May 17, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages

1. How do I "delete" old updates manually? Windows Clean up tool takes ages - Similar Threads - delete old updates

2. Windows takes ages to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows takes ages to start up: I have an NVME SSD for my OS, and yet my operating system takes 3,5 maybe even 10-15 minutes to start up. The scrolling wheel will get stuck for a minute or so, then go again, and then stop again rinse and repeat for the random timeframe of start up. I recently installed a...
  3. Windows takes ages to start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows takes ages to start up: I have an NVME SSD for my OS, and yet my operating system takes 3,5 maybe even 10-15 minutes to start up. The scrolling wheel will get stuck for a minute or so, then go again, and then stop again rinse and repeat for the random timeframe of start up. I recently installed a...
  4. After clean install of Windows 10, how do I cleanly take ownership of my old Users folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After clean install of Windows 10, how do I cleanly take ownership of my old Users folder?: I know this has been asked but it has been locked. I have this same issue on an external hard drive, and have tried the following that was listed. BELOW Method 1: Folder permission In File Explorer, right click on the documents folder. Click Properties. Click the...
  5. Computer start up is taking ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer start up is taking ages: Hi, My laptop is starting up really slowly, do you know how to fix this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-start-up-is-taking-ages/77a7ca30-4db8-4274-b625-2fbe1022ce6b
  6. how do i delete $windows. bt without Disk Clean Up

how do i delete $windows. bt without Disk Clean Up: hi Im cameron and i have a problem with the $windows. bt file i cant delete it using disk clean up what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-windows-bt-without-disk-clean-up/422d44e4-13db-4ff0-a2db-b49f8dcf41e1
  7. Deleting old windows does not show up in disk clean up

Deleting old windows does not show up in disk clean up: Hello I was trying to delete old windows versions with disk clean up but it does not seem to have the option to delete version even though have windows.old folder on the computer....
  8. Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows clean up tool won't clean update folder: I've ran WIndows update successfully ,I've tried running the update troubleshooter,and it was OK. I keep showing it needs to clean 9.65 GB every time even though it completes the cleaning process....
  9. Windows Update Cleanup taking ages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Update Cleanup taking ages: I clicked the button to include Windows Update Cleanup to recover a few Gb of HD space. It's been going for about 4hrs so far with seemingly little signs of progress. Could I cancel and forget about it or let the Cleanup run its course? 115723
  10. Checking for updates taking ages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Checking for updates taking ages: Win 10 machine. Got it yesterday, it was checking for updates fine last night. In this evening and I thought I'd do a manual check but it's been running as checking for updates about 15 mins now. Is this normal. There is no way to cancel the check and kick it back off acain...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete old updates windows 10