Windows 10: How do I delete old Windows 10 files?

Discus and support How do I delete old Windows 10 files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My secondary drive where I store my games used to be the drive where I had my OS on, and still has the windows files on there, and I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/duznn, Mar 5, 2021.

1. /u/duznn Win User

How do I delete old Windows 10 files?

How do I delete old Windows 10 files? uDBWqrBiaq9YOdDDujd4NBaOWcpa5THo3arXe3kR0gU.jpg

My secondary drive where I store my games used to be the drive where I had my OS on, and still has the windows files on there, and I am unable to delete them

I have attached an image, and I intend to keep the files highlighted (Fortnite, Games, Models and Maps, etc), How can I force delete all the windows files?

Also, when I boot windows 10, it shows me a screen if I want to choose which OS (the old one which is corrupted as I tried to delete it, and the one I use), and it always boots this screen and I always choose the right one, slowing my bot times right down.

submitted by /u/duznn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/duznn, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 5, 2021
  4. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I delete old Windows 10 files? - Similar Threads - delete old files

2. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  3. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete an old driver?: So, I have a driver that I updated to a newer one and I want to uninstall the old driver, how do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-an-old-driver/91df3ea1-1dc8-42ff-a18c-6790018975ca
  4. How do I delete an old driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  6. How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.

How do I delete files from an old administrator account that I have already deleted.: I set up a brand computer for a member of staff who has left. She was only here for a day. I am on Windows 11. I deleted her administrator account but ticked the box to keep the data and the files related to that account for now. Now I realise that was stupid as she was only...
  7. How do I delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete these files?: I have a usb that I pluged into my pc after a while and I look into the usb to see 16 folders that did not look like normal folders they where a darker shade and all of the names of them where USUSUSUS.usu and when I tried to delete them I got a message saying that you need...
  8. How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10?

How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10?: How do I delete old voice mails on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10/e7b8650f-6a44-41b8-b70a-0dedbfcab156
  9. How to delete old windows file/folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to delete old windows file/folder: Hi, I just upgraded my Windows 8 OS to Windows 10 and it has left : Old.windows folder with many included files on my Harddrive. I have already backed up and transferred all the files I wanted to keep from that old version and wish to delete that file and all that is...
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...