Windows 10: How do I delete or move parent folder?

Discus and support How do I delete or move parent folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Iogan, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Iogan Win User

How do I delete or move parent folder?

So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects through properties but to no avail. Now both folders are named 3D Objects but open to my downloads. If there is any way to delete a parent folder like the original 3D Objects or a way to reset the folder back to default to their original use, please let me know! Thank you!

:)

Iogan, Jul 23, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do I delete or move parent folder? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do I delete or move parent folder? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Jul 23, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I delete or move parent folder? - Similar Threads - delete move parent

2. How do I delete or move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or move files: When I try to delete or move a file it tells me I need administrative permission although my account signed in IS administrator. I have tried to change the permissions under the file but it tells me I don't have permission. Please help....
  3. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  4. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete this folder?: Yesterday, I copied Windows Folder, but I'm stuck. How do I delete this?On DATA D: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-folder/72e9625d-cc3e-4d1a-bbea-8a663de7576f
  5. How do I delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?: I make a file test.exe in the test2 folder. This is my location in cmd: "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3\test2>" And I tried using the following command: "move test.exe C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3" but it's not working....
  7. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?: I make a file test.exe in the test2 folder. This is my location in cmd: "C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3\test2>" And I tried using the following command: "move test.exe C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\test3" but it's not working....
  8. How to move a file from a folder to it's parent folder in cmd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

Windows 10 deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: When I tried to delete a folder, Windows 10 instead deleted the Parent folder of the folder I tried to delete. I think I mouse clicked on the folder I wanted, right clicked, and chose "delete". Perhaps, I selected the file and then hit the delete key on the keyboard....
  10. Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows deleted parent folder of folder I was trying to delete: Hello Microsoft community, I was deleting some folders, the file structure looked like this: Projects\ \Project1 \Project2 \ .. The .. refers to a folder name. I deleted the folder named ".." and it ended up deleting the entire...