Windows 10: How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?

Discus and support How do I delete powercfg requests overrides? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently used the "powercfg /requestsoverride" command in an attempt to fix an issue with my display not turning off. Turns out that this didn't help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thomas Sfikas, Oct 22, 2019.

1. How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?

I recently used the "powercfg /requestsoverride" command in an attempt to fix an issue with my display not turning off. Turns out that this didn't help with the issue, and I am wondering if there is any way to delete these overrides or reset to defaults.

How do I delete powercfg requests overrides? 15139896-37bd-4262-acf5-c4d135bd104f?upload=true.png

:)

Thomas Sfikas, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Saltgrass Win User

powercfg -requestsoverride errors

Did you run the command below to check your command. If the powercfg /requests shows the Realtek driver it use whatever it shows, as indicated by the listing after using the command.

powercfg /requestsoverride /?

Saltgrass, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Xilnik Win User
    Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in

From my original post:

Xilnik, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?

Desktop computer refuses to sleep when logged in

Did you try the powercfg /requestsoverride command?

Code:
    Code:
    POWERCFG /REQUESTSOVERRIDE [<CALLER_TYPE> <NAME> <REQUEST>]  Description:   Sets a Power Request override for a particular Process, Service, or Driver.   If no parameters are specified, this command displays the current list of   Power Request overrides. Parameter List:   <CALLER_TYPE>    Specifies one of the following caller types: PROCESS,                    SERVICE, DRIVER. This is obtained by calling the                    "POWERCFG /REQUESTS" command.   <NAME>           Specifies the caller name. This is the name returned from                    calling the "POWERCFG /REQUESTS" command.   <REQUEST>        Specifies one or more of the following Power Request Types:                    DISPLAY, SYSTEM, AWAYMODE. Examples:   POWERCFG /REQUESTSOVERRIDE PROCESS wmplayer.exe DISPLAY SYSTEM

Thema:

How do I delete powercfg requests overrides?

1. How do I delete powercfg requests overrides? - Similar Threads - delete powercfg requests

2. How to override to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to override to delete a file: I'm not sure how to delete this file as I am the admin on the system and tried looking up the step previously but it hasn't worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-override-to-delete-a-file/6bed806d-859b-4380-971b-c25a5a3a3243
  3. How to override to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to override to delete a file: I'm not sure how to delete this file as I am the admin on the system and tried looking up the step previously but it hasn't worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-override-to-delete-a-file/6bed806d-859b-4380-971b-c25a5a3a3243
  4. How do I remove something added to powercfg -Requests Override in CMD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove something added to powercfg -Requests Override in CMD?: I tried powercfg -Requests Override because PC didn't go to sleep. Do anyone know the command to undo this? submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mav0zx/how_do_i_remove_something_added_to_powercfg/
  5. How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to undo powercfg -Requests Override?: Can anyone tell how to undo powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE DRIVER "Legacy Kernel in CMD? submitted by /u/BuldozerX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mahtzs/how_to_undo_powercfg_requests_override/
  6. Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  7. How do I delete this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this?: Help me I can't delete this:[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this/f8920bb4-1f4a-47e8-85ee-3df537671fda
  8. How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?: I know "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" restores all the settings in the scheme. But I did not record the default value of a setting before I changed it. Now I want to restore that setting. How do I do this?...
  9. How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!

in Cortana
    How do I uninstall Bing search engine? It overrides GoogleChrome!!!: I need GoogleChrome to do business but since I updated to Windows 10 BING overrides every search engine but Edge I want BING to go away how do I uninstall it. Ive gone through every setting and cannot locate it. HELP!...
  10. How do I create a power request? (not override)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a power request? (not override): Here's the deal. For some reason, when I play Fallout 4 (only Fallout 4) if I leave pc idle long enough for my monitor to go to sleep, when it does the PC becomes totally unresponsive requiring a hard reset. I can still hear the game sounds. The monitor used to sleep and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powercfg requests override

2. powercfg request override rdbss.sys