Windows 10: How do I delete residue folders?

Discus and support How do I delete residue folders? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I installed a game through Xbox (beta) on my second HDD disk. After I decided to delete it, some folders appeared there and they cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by P166y4337, Nov 17, 2019.

1. P166y4337 Win User

How do I delete residue folders?

Hello,

I installed a game through Xbox (beta) on my second HDD disk. After I decided to delete it, some folders appeared there and they cannot be deleted.

How do I delete residue folders? 8c527a67-7293-4b97-ae06-da1bcce81873?upload=true.png

Even after I switched the settings back.

How do I delete residue folders? 26ae7191-0676-4774-867d-7695aa6f2fb9?upload=true.png

It's really annoying because the files eat 80GB of my space away and I KNOW these files are not important.

:)

P166y4337, Nov 17, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do I delete residue folders? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do I delete residue folders? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 17, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 17, 2019
  4. How do I delete residue folders?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I delete residue folders?

1. How do I delete residue folders? - Similar Threads - delete residue folders

2. How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore deleted Personal folder?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/rbjlgna65z751.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=734f96a1835ab3ff5060a710cf391b439d6b7b26 As you can see, I accidently deleted Music and 3D Object folders. Fortunately there was no important contents inside them, but I hate to see...
  3. How do I delete this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete this?: Help me I can't delete this:[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this/f8920bb4-1f4a-47e8-85ee-3df537671fda
  4. how can I delete a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I delete a folder: How to delete a folder in a directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-a-folder/25be2325-ba58-4e79-9beb-5a145145c7fc
  5. How do I delete dptf file on the temp folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I delete dptf file on the temp folder: How do I permanently delete dptf file on temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-dptf-file-on-the-temp-folder/9315a159-3bc6-4acf-b13c-4f96509cab1d
  6. registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it

in Windows 10 Customization
    registry: can I delete it this file or folder and how do I do it: I had a nine year old gateway m-6750 lap top giving to me.It had vista on it I did a clean install of windows 7 premium Then did a clean install of windows 10. So far windows 10 is running perfect. I have been going thru ever file and folder one by one and deleting everthing...
  7. How do I delete or move parent folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete or move parent folder?: So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects...
  8. How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder: How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder 61293
  9. Residue of contents Windows.old refuse to be deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    Residue of contents Windows.old refuse to be deleted.: I am having problems in finally clearing out Windows.old. Most of it went, when I used the clean-up facility, but a system32 folder, 134KB, that contains folders, drivers and Driver Store remains. It appears my permissions need amending, but all I try is met with failure....
  10. How do I delete old Windows folders???

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete old Windows folders???: Okay this is a hard question because I have been trying to do this for a while. I have two old Windows folders - 40 gig of wasted space. Here's what I have done: 1. renamed them 2. tried many times to delete them (or some of them). 3. removed "trusted installer" as the owner...