Windows 10: How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?

Discus and support How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to delete the default personal folders because I want to change their icons but when I do this they come back... oddly they are able to come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RST20886432, Sep 14, 2021.

1. How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?

I want to delete the default personal folders because I want to change their icons but when I do this they come back... oddly they are able to come back even if I already have a folder with that exact same name already in the folder does anyone know how to remedy this I know it's an odd question.

:)

RST20886432, Sep 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 14, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 14, 2021
  4. How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own?

1. How do I delete the files in my personal folder & replace w/ my own? - Similar Threads - delete files personal

2. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  3. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  4. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename the "owner" folder to my own name?: I just bought a new computer with Windows 11. I had the data transferred from my old Windows 10 computer. , which had my own name listed under "Users" I can't easily access my documents since they are all listed as existing the folder [my name] but the new machine has them in...
  6. Still can't delete my own files or folders..

Still can't delete my own files or folders..: Hi,After reading the many tips etc given in previous questions about permissions and deleting your own documents and folders and being told you need Administrator approval, i still can't delete anything from it...yet its a single owner computer, no other users on it and all...
  7. How do I restore deleted Personal folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I restore deleted Personal folder?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/rbjlgna65z751.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=734f96a1835ab3ff5060a710cf391b439d6b7b26 As you can see, I accidently deleted Music and 3D Object folders. Fortunately there was no important contents inside them, but I hate to see...
  8. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?

HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK?: I tried using 365 Education for my tutoring business, and it did not serve my needs. File Explorer hid or deleted my personal files and it installed the Education files which have no files on my computer. HOW DO I GET MY PERSONAL FILES BACK? I tried opening up a ticket...
  9. How do I replace all files in a folder with a single file

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I replace all files in a folder with a single file: Hey! I've been needing to do something for a while but I'm really struggling to get it done automatically. This also might sound really confusing because it's quite hard to get it into actual words, it makes sense in my head but its impossible to communicate. Basically, I...
  10. Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?

Can I move a file "Shared with me" to my own folder in OneDrive personal?: Someone has shared a file on a forum and posted the link. Everytime I try to download using the browser directly or a download manager I get errors and the checksum is incorrrect. I would like to copy this file into my OneDrive and use the Windows 10 program to sync the...