Windows 10: How do I delete the log in password.

Discus and support How do I delete the log in password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I delete the log in password?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ilovehummingbirds, Dec 23, 2019.

1. How do I delete the log in password.

How do I delete the log in password?

:)

Ilovehummingbirds, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Oriana.G Win User

unable to deactivate Windows log-on password

Hi HearaldPenkert,

I suggest trying with this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Change sign-in options.
    • Choose the sign-in option you'd like to use, and then follow the instructions.

If you're using a local account with a password, you can delete the password to sign in without one. Try this steps:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
    • Enter sign, and then tap or click Sign-in options.
    • Under Password, tap or click Change.
    • Verify the current password for your local account.
    • Leave the New password, Reenter password, and Password hint fields blank, tap or click Next, and then tap or click Finish.
    I hope it will solve your issue.

Bye

Oriana.G, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Resetting log in password

Hi Subon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to delete another user’s password when logging into your computer. I will try to help you with this issue.

If the other user account is a local account with a password then you need to be logged in as admin to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt.

• Type “netplwiz” without quotes.

• In the User accounts window, uncheck the box for “Users must enter a user name password to use this computer”.

• On the next window enter your username and password.

Click OK and restart your computer to see the effect.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 23, 2019
  4. How do I delete the log in password.

Can't change password to log in windows or add pin

Hello Mathieu,

The issue you are experiencing may have something to do with your profile or with the Windows components of your device. That being said, we will be performing some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this problem. To start, we suggest that you
    change your password via https://account.microsoft.com/. Here's how:

Once done, log in your account to your device using the new password. Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I delete the log in password.

1. How do I delete the log in password. - Similar Threads - delete log password

2. how do I delete the logon password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I delete the logon password?: how do I delete the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-logon-password/c7e6504f-5be1-4d4f-b531-5cef767f2107
  3. how do I delete the logon password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I delete the logon password?: how do I delete the logon password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-the-logon-password/c7e6504f-5be1-4d4f-b531-5cef767f2107
  4. how do I delete the logon password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I log in if I forgot my password?: I refreshed my computer, so reinstalled windows but kept my files, but when I finished it asked for a password, I have no clue what it is, and the security questions I had were no help. How can I reset my password without losing all my files? Or is there no other way?...
  6. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log in if I forgot my password?: I refreshed my computer, so reinstalled windows but kept my files, but when I finished it asked for a password, I have no clue what it is, and the security questions I had were no help. How can I reset my password without losing all my files? Or is there no other way?...
  7. How do I log in if I forgot my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I delete admin password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete admin password?: I want to play games on my computer, but don't have the password to enter. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-admin-password/8ab8e0be-37f4-4dfc-941e-c1aabf05393d
  9. Password log in not needed how do i remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password log in not needed how do i remove: I want to remove all forms of log in passwords/pins from my home PC. Its my home PC and such security is overkill to say the least. I have changed the "require password on log in" box to never, and I have unticked the relevant box in netplwiz. What else should I be doing?...
  10. How do I delete stored passwords?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I delete stored passwords?: How do I delete stored passwords? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-delete-stored-passwords/4a8fc1be-1677-4395-b648-e0e6083d2c9f"