Windows 10: How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.

Discus and support How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to use my external HD to create a Clone of my active disk on my HP laptop. To create the clone it requires that the disk be cleared of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AugustDegner, Nov 26, 2019.

1. How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.

I want to use my external HD to create a Clone of my active disk on my HP laptop. To create the clone it requires that the disk be cleared of all folders and files. I attempt to format the disk but I get the message Cannot access when I go to delete the files. I cleared the readonly flag but still get the cannot access message.

it acts like that the partition is locked or protected

Any help would be appreciated

:)

AugustDegner, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Nov 26, 2019
  3. jumanji Win User
    How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD

Hi @UK Abroad,
    1. Just curious to know what all Data Recovery software you tried.

2. I would suggest that you run a full scan ( No Quick Scan for Quick Scan will only find the existing partitions and not the buried old partitions) with Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTools Partition Wizard free. At the end of the scan it will show a screen showing the found partitions ( existing as well as lost/deleted). I would think that it will also show the old partitions that could have been deleted. Just double click on each partition shown and check whether it lists your files.The one that shows/lists your files is the valid partition that could be recovered. But do not do anything in haste.

Post a screenshot of
    a) How your 2GB Seagate external drive looks like in Partition Wizard ( the very first screen when you launch PW )

b) the screen showing the found partitions after full scan

c) the screen showing the list of files - if it shows on any selected partition *Smile

After posting the screenshots just Cancel, cancel and quit PW.

Note: You are only scanning the drive with Partition Recovery Wizard. It does not write or delete any data.

Assuming PW is successful in finding the old partitions and could list the files, you need to install PW free version 9.1 to recover the partition/s. ( In later versions it is not free really *Smile )

As I said I am working on the assumption that PW will show the accidentally gotten-deleted partitions.Let us see what we get.

jumanji, Nov 26, 2019
  4. alkemy007 Win User

How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.

Deleted partition off external HD

Okay, I have recovered the allocated space, now all I want to do is be able to plug in the HD and have HD folder appear with all the allocated space instead of the HD and it's partition as shown in attachment, thanks.
    How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file. [​IMG]

alkemy007, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file.

1. How do I delete The partition on my external HD that has the encryption setup Exe file. - Similar Threads - delete partition external

2. How do I recover an encrypted deleted partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover an encrypted deleted partition?: I hope I'll get a possible solution here.I mistakenly deleted my D:\ partition.Part0 : UEFI partition.Part1 : System reserved.Part2: 90 GB C:\Part3: 140GB D:\ Bitlocker encrypted but is automatically unlocked on boot since I use it as my users folderPart4: Recovery...
  3. How do I recover an encrypted deleted partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover an encrypted deleted partition?: I hope I'll get a possible solution here.I mistakenly deleted my D:\ partition.Part0 : UEFI partition.Part1 : System reserved.Part2: 90 GB C:\Part3: 140GB D:\ Bitlocker encrypted but is automatically unlocked on boot since I use it as my users folderPart4: Recovery...
  4. External HD Bitlocker partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD Bitlocker partition.: I have an external hard drive with 2 partitions. One is protected with Bitlocker. Every time I connect the hard drive to a computer there information of the locked partition appears, hides it self behind other windows and I have to look for it an press the particular OK key...
  5. External HD Bitlocker partition.

External HD Bitlocker partition.: I have an external hard drive with 2 partitions. One is protected with Bitlocker. Every time I connect the hard drive to a computer there information of the locked partition appears, hides it self behind other windows and I have to look for it an press the particular OK key...
  6. how to delete exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  7. how to delete exe files?

how to delete exe files?: after deleting .exe files they back with access denied other files are able to delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-exe-files/f065a8a6-9b77-4cf7-96af-875e321ef822
  8. How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to delete EFI system partition from Seagate 2TB external HD: I have a Seagate 2TB external Hard Drive almost completely full of movies/videos. A friend asked if they could borrow it to view some movies on their MAC but returned it as it did not show up on their computer. I plugged it back into my PC laptop and discovered that it was...
  9. Deleted partition off external HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted partition off external HD: I have an old 500GB external hard drive that I wanted to use for storing music masters. When I plugged it in, two drives showed in the "My PC" panel. One for 50GB and the other for 400+. I tried to delete the partition and just have all the space on one drive but I'm guessing...
  10. Deleted partition off external HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted partition off external HD: I have an old 500GB external hard drive that I wanted to use for storing music masters. When I plugged it in, two drives showed in the "My PC" panel. One for 50GB and the other for 400+. I tried to delete the partition and just have all the space on one drive but I'm guessing...