Windows 10: How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background?

Discus and support How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I've been having some trouble with my computer's internet speed and battery. I have the new surface pro. I noticed that after an update, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SC8132, Sep 12, 2018.

1. SC8132 Win User

How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background?

Hi! I've been having some trouble with my computer's internet speed and battery. I have the new surface pro. I noticed that after an update, the computer started saving my recent activity on the background, but it has been trouble shooting, going slower and I think it's been taking out more battery life. Does anyone know how to delete the recent activity from the background?

I want to see if that's the problem before I waste a lot of money trying to fix it with a tech.

Thank you!

:)

SC8132, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 12, 2018
  3. How Can I Delete "Recent Activity" list from Microsoft Store???

I followed the instructions....the RECENT ACTIVITY list remains in the store. I found other windows people who state it cannot be deleted. (I hope that is in error and there is a way)

Any more direct suggestions?

Mike Lewis55, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

Thema:

1. How do I delete the recent activity tabs from background? - Similar Threads - delete recent activity

2. How do I delete a background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a background picture: I am having trouble deleting a background picture, especially the ugly taxi picture. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates & with a 10th generation i5 processor. Donald...
  3. How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you delete recent files list from 'File' tab: Hi I've searched around and can't seem to find an answer to this one. In microsoft works 9.0 spreadsheet on the 'File' tab [top left corner of program] is there a way to delete the list of recent used files? There is no option from the program itself so maybe it will...
  4. How do i delete a program from the "initialize" tab on task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i delete a program from the "initialize" tab on task manager?: I've downloaded xpadder a few weeks ago and uninstalled, there is no trace of the program on my computer anymore, not even in the hidden folders/items but xpadder keep showing at the "initialize" tab on task manager. How do i delete it from there? submitted by /u/kaslundak...
  5. How do I delete my recent files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete my recent files?: So when i go onto file explorer, it comes up with recent files. I dont want to delete the files, i just want to delete my history. Any help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-recent-files/14d96fc6-3c51-4cce-b9b4-7aee974d5405
  6. How do i delete a recently deceased contact's birthday from Calendar - I have deleted the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i delete a recently deceased contact's birthday from Calendar - I have deleted the...: Title says it all really. Win 10, all updated. Quite upsetting not being able to sort this easily. Have searched - seem to be plenty of similar threads but haven't found any solutions. The event is in the Birthday Calendar - right clicking gives an option to edit event...
  7. delete recent photo activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete recent photo activity: Hi, I use windows 10 and have a dell Inspiron 3670 computer. When I type jpg in the task bar next to the windows logo a list of .jpg files comes up. If I click on one of them the picture shows up. My grand daughter sometimes uses my computer. How do I delete this...
  8. How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i delete recent contacts from Microsoft People: In the people app, I have a list of recent contacts. I try to right-click and delete the contact individually but the delete button is disabled. How to remove them? [img] [img] 112642
  9. how do i remove recent tabs

in Browsers and Email
    how do i remove recent tabs: if i go to history and want to remove it all of a sudden it shoes history and recent tabs and even after the history is deleted by checking the padge and hitting delete the recent tabs still shows the last 9 or 10 sites you have been on?*Mad 21196
  10. How do I delete the tab at the top?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete the tab at the top?: I am having a problem as by accident after reseting the computer and trying to install new apps, i got this internet address bar at the top. I would like to get rid of it, but I have no idea how to. Could someone tell me how do I do that? It's the tab the arrow is showing...