Windows 10: how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

Discus and support how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i want to delete this account and its files pls help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Surya pratapSingh yadav, Oct 26, 2021.

1. how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

i want to delete this account and its files pls help

:)

Surya pratapSingh yadav, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Edgar Pan Win User

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Unable to Change Standard to Administator

Hello Sherrie,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I would like to inform you that in-order to change an account from Standard to Administrator, you need to first login with an administrator Account. You cannot make any changes with Standard Account. I suggest you to login
    with an administrator account and then make the changes. However if you do not have another administrator account, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right click on the Start Button
    and select Command prompt (Admin).

2. On the command line type:
    net user administrator /activate:yes and hit Enter
    on your keyboard.

This will enable your build in Administrator account. Restart your computer and login with the administrator account. Once you are in the Build in administrator account you can change the original user account administrator
    type from Standard to Administrator and save it.

Once you have successfully made the changes,
    disable the Build in administrator account by following steps given below:

1. Right click on the Start Button
    and select Command prompt (admin).

2. On the command line type: net user administrator /activate:no
    and hit Enter on your keyboard.

This will disable the build in administrator account. Restart and login with your user account.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

1. how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i... - Similar Threads - delete account pls

2. Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to...: Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to Internet. Error code 0x80190001 always popping up....
  3. Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to...: Please help! I can't no longer connect to microsoft account even though I am connected to Internet. Error code 0x80190001 always popping up....
  4. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  5. I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not delete files even though I am the Administrator!!: I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 11 64 bit and I cannot turn on Memory Integrity because of several Logitech .sys files. When I try to delete those files per Microsoft instructions, I get a message saying that I must have Administrator Permission, but I AM the...
  6. how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...: i want to delete this account and its files pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-account-pls-help-i-am-unable/318c4846-0411-470d-8f9f-ef186c05e478
  7. how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete this account pls help i am unable to change it to standard even though i...: i want to delete this account and its files pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-this-account-pls-help-i-am-unable/318c4846-0411-470d-8f9f-ef186c05e478
  8. How do I change this? (pls help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change this? (pls help): I don't know how to call it so I'll just try and describe it. I've been trying to connect my phone to my PC by USB, and once I plugged it in it showed me a few options and I clicked the Windows Media Player one. Now it doesn't show up as a USB device on the little hidden...
  9. Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change certain settings even though I am an administrator: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi all, as can be seen above, I am an administrator. However, I am unable to change certain settings. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-certain-settings-even-though-i-am/787252ae-7991-46bb-8e6e-d4c213742c35
  10. What am i doing wrong?? pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What am i doing wrong?? pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lucrez_lz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h93ez1/what_am_i_doing_wrong_pls_help/