Windows 10: how do I delete this off my computer?

Discus and support how do I delete this off my computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I thought it was a good idea to name my folders the reserve files for Windows, I try deleting them it says that I do not have permission to delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aadil Sookhan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. how do I delete this off my computer?

So I thought it was a good idea to name my folders the reserve files for Windows, I try deleting them it says that I do not have permission to delete the folder and I honestly do not know what to do. This also happens when I open it also says I do not have permission to access the folder.

But I learnt a lesson: Do not name your folders/files the reserved file names.

:)

Aadil Sookhan, Jan 13, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jan 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2020
  4. how do I delete this off my computer?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

how do I delete this off my computer?

1. how do I delete this off my computer? - Similar Threads - delete off computer

2. How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer?: How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-taskmanager-so-that-i-can-delete/0910de18-053c-4a21-9b88-c76ee36af98e
  3. How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer?: How do I disable TaskManager so that I can delete an app off of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-taskmanager-so-that-i-can-delete/0910de18-053c-4a21-9b88-c76ee36af98e
  4. How do I get this off my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this off my computer?: I was on the Microsoft store and I see someone has hacked my account. I went to setting and I saw that there is an email address on the main account that I don't know of. It is on the main account of the computer and I want to get it off, but I can't because I need to sign...
  5. How do I get this off my computer?

How do I get this off my computer?: I was on the Microsoft store and I see someone has hacked my account. I went to setting and I saw that there is an email address on the main account that I don't know of. It is on the main account of the computer and I want to get it off, but I can't because I need to sign...
  6. How do I delete my account off a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my account off a laptop: Returning a defective computer, and would like my admin account removed. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-account-off-a-laptop/60c60984-a7f2-4d21-80d2-adc8f4805a4e
  7. How do I delete my account off a laptop

How do I delete my account off a laptop: Returning a defective computer, and would like my admin account removed. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-account-off-a-laptop/60c60984-a7f2-4d21-80d2-adc8f4805a4e
  8. How do I switch off my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch off my computer.: How do I switch off my computer. My grandson Ian usually helps but he's got himself in a bit of trouble because of his habit of standing in his garden with nothing on. He's a good boy really just a bit silly. I've tried typing off, unplugging it, but that didn't work because...
  9. How do I switch off my computer.

How do I switch off my computer.: How do I switch off my computer. My grandson Ian usually helps but he's got himself in a bit of trouble because of his habit of standing in his garden with nothing on. He's a good boy really just a bit silly. I've tried typing off, unplugging it, but that didn't work because...
  10. How do I turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off my computer: How do I turn off my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-my-computer/c7bcd4e6-4047-4203-b6ba-ae9c92cdf2f5