Windows 10: How do I delete useless Local Disks?

Discus and support How do I delete useless Local Disks? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hello! *Smile New member here. I have a problem with Local Disks being created every time I mount a virtual drive. Once I remove the virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by GrumpyCat, Oct 14, 2015.

1. GrumpyCat Win User

How do I delete useless Local Disks?

Hello! *Smile

New member here.

I have a problem with Local Disks being created every time I mount a virtual drive. Once I remove the virtual drive, an entry is left in explorer that will not go away. Over time, new ones keep being added, and it will go all the way up the alphabet. I should only have Local Disk (C: ) listed there.

How do I delete useless Local Disks? [​IMG]

What can I do to delete all these Local Disk entries?

Thanks in advance!

:)

GrumpyCat, Oct 14, 2015
  2. LW8
    LW8 Win User

How Do I Delete Calendar? It is useless and a spammer has loaded it up with dailey notifications for the next 20 years, 5 times a day.

How do I delete Calendar? It is useless to me, and a spammer has loaded it up with notifications for the next 20 years, 5+ times a day.

3. lacrumb Win User
    How Do I Delete Calendar? It is useless and a spammer has loaded it up with dailey notifications for the next 20 years, 5 times a day.

Which calendar? Is it the app as found in All apps?

lacrumb, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello GrumpyCat, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you mean for mounted .vhd files, then you could use the same method in the tutorial below to detach them.

Virtual Hard Disk - Unattach and Delete VHD - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  5. jds63 Win User
    Give an image of Disk Management ? When you mount an ISO say, doesn't it become a virtual DVD drive, Brink ?

jds63, Oct 14, 2015
  6. GrumpyCat Win User
    Jds63, Here is an image of Disk Management, as requested:
    The virtual drives were created, mounted and dismounted using VeraCrypt, if that helps.

GrumpyCat, Oct 14, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    If were VHD then could be deleted here, but i see no drives except C: at Disk Management. Not familiar with Veracrypt. If mounting an ISO say and dismounting do not need program like this. Then maybe fault of this program have you checked support for this program ?
    Now that i look up Veracrypt see it is used for encryption for drives.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I delete useless Local Disks? - Similar Threads - delete useless Local

2. how do I delete a local microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I delete a local microsoft account: How do I delete a local account without losing the data attached to it...eg my son is using online learning from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-local-microsoft-account/343b30b0-77d7-41ee-9e5a-93cf9709f237
  3. should I delete these files in Local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    should I delete these files in Local disk C: should I delete these files in Local disk C [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-delete-these-files-in-local-disk-c/854570b5-e7d1-43e6-86d8-b5eda089bb86
  4. Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Delete Local Disk Drives?: I have two local disk drives R (used 6.38GB) and W (182MB) that appeared after I attempted to install BitLocker. I changed my mind and stopped the install before it was finished. My question is, can I delete them without harm to my computer? Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 (OS...
  5. Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts: I have downloaded some cool fonts recently, but I have wanted to get rid of some bland, useless ones. These are foregin langague fonts i.e. Microsoft JhengHei, MingLiu, Microsoft Himalaya, etc. that look very basic when they do not use the langague they were created for. I...
  6. repair disk useless?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repair disk useless?: I always figured a repair disk contains a sort of "mini operating system", enough to give some access to the system if Windows10 has crashed. After facing the blue screen at start-up, I tried to start up with my repair disk. I can hear that the PC accesses the DVD, and I...
  7. How can I delete protected files in Local Disk (D:)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I delete protected files in Local Disk (D:): Some context: Initially, I only had the C: drive as my Local Disk drive. Then months ago, I had a tech guy fix some problems with my computer, install some apps and an additional RAM stick, but didn’t watch him working so didn’t know what was going on. It seems like the guy...
  8. How do I change the output disk to F Local Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the output disk to F Local Disk: Burn disk only to CD, unable to burn to local disk F https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-output-disk-to-f-local-disk/0a8aa8e1-9887-4d9f-8cbc-e8503c48e880
  9. Restart Prompt to delete local disk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restart Prompt to delete local disk: Every time I restart or turn on my laptop, I get a UAC-type window coming up that says "Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder Local Disk Space free: xxxGB...
  10. Deleting useless apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting useless apps: My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my laptop might function faster than a brick. When I click the uninstall button on these useless apps, nothing happens. Does anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to remove useiess local disks