Windows 10: How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

Discus and support How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanMillett, Mar 29, 2019.

1. How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

:)

JoanMillett, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 29, 2019
  3. thiam1 Win User
    Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

I did disable the built-in microphone a few times during my initial troubleshooting. But that doesn't force the headset to pick up the sound input function. Even after reboot, I just have no microphone
    at all while sound still comes through the headset.

Thanks.

thiam1, Mar 29, 2019
  4. How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

Laptop switching from headset to built-in microphone on its own.

This time, let's try to disable the built-in microphone driver on your laptop. please follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Click on DeviceManager.
    • Click on the dropdownarrow next to Audioinputs and
      outputs.
    • Right-click on InternalMicrophone — this label can change depending on the hardware you have in your PC.
    • Click on Disable.
    • Click on Yes.
    • Restart your computer to save changes.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone?

1. How do I determine if my laptop has a built in microphone? - Similar Threads - determine laptop has

2. My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.: I have never even taken my laptop apart and laptop is not waterdamaged, all works fine except the microphone, i went in to cmdprompt and typed sfc /scannow, and no issues were found, all audio related devices have updated drivers, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything...
  3. My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptops built in microphone has been "unplugged" and so my laptop cant use the mic.: I have never even taken my laptop apart and laptop is not waterdamaged, all works fine except the microphone, i went in to cmdprompt and typed sfc /scannow, and no issues were found, all audio related devices have updated drivers, i have uninstalled and reinstalled everything...
  4. how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i fix whatever is wrong with the built in microphone on my hp laptop?: when trying to video visit someone they cannot hear me because the microphone thats built in isnt working. I have windows 11 Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎21/‎2022 OS build 22621.1344 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 i...
  5. How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?: My laptop is 7 years old. Some keys of the built-in keyboard have begun getting stuck specifically my F1 and windows keys, though I suspect others are also affected, preventing me from typing normally and causing Windows 10 shortcuts to activate. This has become a severe...
  6. Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?: version: Microsoft Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440) windows 10 home Hello , my microphone stopped working. So I would like to at find out if it is possible to solve this kind of problem. where do I start troubleshooting ? I have looked at this parts of my...
  7. Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop built-in microphone stopped working, how to troubleshoot it?: version: Microsoft Windows version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1440) windows 10 home Hello , my microphone stopped working. So I would like to at find out if it is possible to solve this kind of problem. where do I start troubleshooting ? I have looked at this parts of my...
  8. Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop

Built in microphone suddenly stops on my laptop: Hello, I have had this HP spectre X 360-13t-4000 laptop for 5 years. it has been working well all along. Lately, the Micros phone suddenly stops responding, or maybe picks up very week signals. The weird thing is that when it goes into this state, the voice recorder barely...
  9. Laptop's in-built microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop's in-built microphone not working: I had bought an Asus Vivobook 15 with pre-installed windows 10 on 2nd August 2020. I had video called through Google Duo on this laptop once or twice and it was working normally, but after about a week or so the in-built microphone of this laptop stopped working. There isn't...
  10. How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?: The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound system and any...