Windows 10: How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ?

Discus and support How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to update a bunch of drivers and it asks to diable defender how do I do this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joycebenoit, Nov 2, 2019.

1. How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ?

I need to update a bunch of drivers and it asks to diable defender how do I do this?

:)

joycebenoit, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ?

1. How do I diable defender to run my drivers app ? - Similar Threads - diable defender run

2. Defender needs an app to run.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender needs an app to run.: I have an elderly neighbour with a 2 week old Lenovo laptop. Worked fine with Windows 10 S mode. She accepted the update to Windows 11 S mode and now the Defender updates fail and I can't access the security settings as it says Defender needs an app to run. There are numerous...
  3. How do I find out if Defender is running? Run only on-demand

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I find out if Defender is running? Run only on-demand: How do I find out of Defender is currently running? If the shield icon is NOT appearing in Systray does NOT mean something. I have no shield icon in SysTray but I got occasionally notification popus/messages from Defender anyway that there are no threats. So Defender must...
  4. How do I find out of Defender is running? Run only on-demand

How do I find out of Defender is running? Run only on-demand: How do I find out of Defender is currently running? If the shield icon is NOT appearing in Systray does NOT mean something. I have no shield icon in SysTray but I got occasionally notification popus/messages from Defender anyway that there are no threats. So Defender must...
  5. how do I diable auto restart after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I diable auto restart after updates?: Is there a way for me to not have windows do an automatic reboot after it updates itself? My computer is a Dell 545s, win10 pro. I have an external usb hdd plugged in at all times that is used to backup my documents folder daily. With it is plugged in, the computer freezes at...
  6. how do I run defender off line?

how do I run defender off line?: I try to run defender offline and it indicates my system is controlled by my organization. I have none and it is a home computer. I try to change security settings and it indicates some options are controlled by the same nonexistent organization. Was this security designed...
  7. How do I run a Windows Defender scan?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I run a Windows Defender scan?: I have followed every article and I keep reaching dead ends. I am not able to run any files except for a few pre installed apps. I can still play music and watch videos. When I go into Windows Security and go into "Virus and Threat Protection" there are no settings /...
  8. How do I diable microsoft HD audio driver so the Realtek driver works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I diable microsoft HD audio driver so the Realtek driver works: I have audio jack hot switch problems that will not allow headphones or speakers to work. Only the internal speakers function. The problem seems to be the generic Microsoft HD audio driver disallows the Realtek HD audio driver to not function... Driver battles are driving...
  9. How do I get Windows Defender running again

How do I get Windows Defender running again: I had a problem with my program of Windows Defender as they are not running at the moment. All I see is when I clicked Threat service has stopped. Restart it now. Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. Now how do I get this working again? Any idea...
  10. How to diable Pinch Zoom

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to diable Pinch Zoom: how can i disable pinch zoom i looked some thing up but i dont have device setting. It just goes up to hardware theres nothing beyond that please help because it keeps zooming and its getting really annoying....