Windows 10: How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR

Discus and support How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System: X99 MSI gaming 7, 16gb ddr4, MSI Nvidia 2070super, Valve index. USB peripherals: 4 game controllers, keyboard, mouse. Recently in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hiohaa, Oct 5, 2019.

1. hiohaa Win User

How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR

System: X99 MSI gaming 7, 16gb ddr4, MSI Nvidia 2070super, Valve index.

USB peripherals: 4 game controllers, keyboard, mouse.

Recently in the middle of playing VR games, randomly (no pattern to it) keyboard/mouse become unresponsive. As does all the other peripherals. The VR Mirror still shows, and my headset is still working, but nothing works.
    It's like it is disabling all USB devices, and i have to hard reset the PC to restart.

Is there some kind of log or scrip that shows USB activity that I can record and view to see what the problem is?
    Something which shows all USB operations?

:)

hiohaa, Oct 5, 2019

2. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 5, 2019
  3. userdert Win User
    window mixed reality can not play top-bottom VR file. i can only play side by side VR

window mixed reality can not play top-bottom VR file by Movie & TV. i can only play side by side vr. any solution to play up-bottom VR?

userdert, Oct 5, 2019
  4. How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR

Marivel Man, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR

1. How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR - Similar Threads - diagnose USB issues

2. Can't Diagnose PC crash issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Diagnose PC crash issue: This is the error: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎27/‎2023 4:10 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9d0e726db010Parameter...
  3. Can't Diagnose PC crash issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Diagnose PC crash issue: This is the error: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎4/‎27/‎2023 4:10 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9d0e726db010Parameter...
  4. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  5. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when playing VR: basically, when playing vr for around 30 minutes up to 1 hour my pc just freezes completely and then reboots, already made sure it wasnt the temperature of both the gpu and cpu, did a clean re-install of my amd gpu drivers and even checked the event viewer and reliability...
  6. Computer crash when playing VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. VR Crashing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VR Crashing issue: This is an issue I've been trying to fix for a while now. I've previously contacted Microsoft support about this, but recently they went silent on me and it keeps saying the chat is unavailable, which is why I'm trying my luck here.Whenever I play "Half-Life: Alyx", I always...
  8. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading levels and sometimes in other situations. It's a hard problem to reproduce because it usually happens during an extended play...
  9. How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i diagnose USB issues? "Crash" playing VR: System: X99 MSI gaming 7, 16gb ddr4, MSI Nvidia 2070super, Valve index. USB peripherals: 4 game controllers, keyboard, mouse. Recently in the middle of playing VR games, randomly (no pattern to it) keyboard/mouse become unresponsive. As does all the other peripherals. The...
  10. BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring daily - how do i diagnose the issue?: My computer has all updates - running windows 10. Have been having bsod daily though each day the time it occurs gets later and later through the day. am attaching the dmp file for advice if someone can figure out what the cause is. thanks 73434