Windows 10: How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0

Discus and support How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to make my 3.0 USB ports to behave as 2.0 USB. I know you can disable the hSCI controller on the 3.0 USB and they will behave as 2.0, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DPinck, Jul 30, 2021.

1. DPinck Win User

How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0

I want to make my 3.0 USB ports to behave as 2.0 USB. I know you can disable the hSCI controller on the 3.0 USB and they will behave as 2.0, but I don't know how to do this on Windows Laptop.This is important, please advise.Thank you,DPinck

:)

DPinck, Jul 30, 2021

2. USB 3.0 Question

That is the add in I have. I got it off the CM store. They also list an adapter, but I've yet to see it listed as in stock and can't seem to find any others.

mastrdrver, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Help with USB VID_0000&PID_0002\6&32FA202A&0&8

Hi Nikolaos,

We suggest that you apply the troubleshooting procedures below:

Method 1: Run Hardware Troubleshooter
    to diagnose issue with hardware if there are any on your computer. Follow the steps:

• Click Start or press Windows logo and go to
      Settings
    • Search for troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting
    • Go to Hardware and Sounds
    • Select Hardware and Devices and click on next, then follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under
      Universal Serial Bus controllers
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes
    • Reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Jul 30, 2021
  4. How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0

help with raid 0

in pre post hitting tab key

initializing usb done
    12280 mb ok
    usb devise 1 mouse
    Auto detect sata port 1 cd
    2 cd
    3 ocz vertex turbo 1.4
    smart capable & status ok
    4 wdc ----
    smart status ok
    6 wdc ---
    smart status ok

now I finish post and next see intel matrex storage:
    raid volumes

id name level stripe size status bootable
    ssd raid 0 stripe 128k 178.8 normal yes

port serial size type / status

2 ocz ---- 59.6gb member disk 0
    3 wdc ---- 931.5 gb member disk 0
    5 wdc --- 931.5gb member disk 0

Ok, my question is in first auto detect my ports are listed 3-4- and 6
    in the intel matrix storage ports are listed 2-3- and 5 ??? is this my problem and if so how did this happen .

Glazierman, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0

1. How do I disable 3.0 USB in BIOS to be USB 2.0 - Similar Threads - disable USB BIOS

2. USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 device only connecting as USB 2: I have a usb 3.0 capture card and the video quality is sub-par. I ran USBDeview, and it shows the device running on usb version 2.0. I verified the device is 3.0, the port and cable are both blue. I have switched ports and cables. I plugged my ssd card in port 1 and it is...
  3. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  4. Clean instal Win !0 with USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean instal Win !0 with USB: I have Win 10 64 bit downloaded onto a USB flash drive in order to do a clean install on my SSD drive...is installing it through BIOS any advantage than simply going through system recovery and using this method (remove everything install through USB) which method is better...
  5. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  6. Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on Fixing F: Dtage 3: 100% 0 of 0???: I scanned my hp laptop for viruses with malwarebytes and quarantined them. It was only then when I actually pressed delete on them that my computer became so slow. The virus was pretty bad because after log in, all the desktop icons and taksbar would take around 10 mintues to...
  7. Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed Error 0-0-2--8: [ATTACH] So today Asphalt 9 just updated the latest car hunt event and I purchased the same car hunt pack 12 for Apollo N three times, my email received the receipt from Microsoft Store and my bank balance was deducted with the same number I paid for the transactions,...
  8. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  9. how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to make RAID-0 of USB flash memory?: I don't want "why?" as response so background first. I have a PC with ultra fast Pentium 4 3.8Ghz, 4GB of RAM, 60GB IDE HDD as a boot drive and freshly installed Windows 10 PRO (PLEASE don't ask why) which was used only for Power Point presentation. Now it is assigned a new...
  10. USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE on USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&B0E09D9&0&7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE on USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&B0E09D9&0&7: Hello everyone, on my Predator PH317-51 I can't use USB or Bluetooth (the option is simply gone). I have an unknown USB device in my device manager. I tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting and I tried the Windows Troubleshooting. Neither helped....