Windows 10: How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack?

Discus and support How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 11 and have the Japanese and the English language packs plus others installed. The Japanese keyboard in Latin mode has the same keys as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by brz_376, Sep 27, 2022.

1. brz_376 Win User

How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack?

I'm on Windows 11 and have the Japanese and the English language packs plus others installed. The Japanese keyboard in Latin mode has the same keys as the English one, so I don't need both layout. I would like to keep the English language pack, but remove the keyboard so that it doesn't show up in the list when I switch layout.How can I achieve this, since the "remove" option in "language & region" is disabled, and I don't want to remove the whole language pack anyway?

:)

brz_376, Sep 27, 2022

2. English Language Pack for Windows 10

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change your language settings.

Before troubleshooting please answer the question:

Is your Operating system a single language pack OS? If it is a single language pack, we are sorry but you cannot change the language in the OS.

Kindly follow the steps below to change the regional language settings.

• Go to Start > Settings > Time & Language
      > Region and Language.
    • To change PC’s language option follow the steps
      • Select the language and then click on Options. If your language is not available, go to language options
        and click on Download (to download the language pack) once the pack is downloaded go back to the
        Region & language, select the Language and Click on
        Set as primary.
      • You will get a notification, “Will be display language after next sign-in.”
      • Sign out of Windows and sign back in, your new language will be set.
    • To add a keyboard, click on Add a language and choose the keyboard language you want to add. To switch between keyboards, you can click the taskbar button and select the keyboard you want to use. You can use the keyboard
      shortcut Windows Key + Space to toggle between added keyboards.
    You can also refer to the suggestion by “Rajith Rajeev” from the following link and check.

Redirecting

Hope this helps. Kindly reply if you have further issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Trying to change display language but "No language pack available"

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to download the English language pack.
    I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to download the language pack.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Double click on Language.

• Click on Add language.

• Double Click on English language.

• Click on options on right hand side of the English language pack.

• Click on Download and install language pack.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Could not add Phonetic keyboard for Marathi and Kannada language pack

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can install the Phonetic keyboard for Marathi and Kannada language pack by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & Language.
    3. Click on Language on the left pane.
    4. Click on the Marathi language pack and click on
      Options.
    5. Click on Add a keyboard and select
      Marathi Phonetic.
    6. Follow the same steps for Kannada language pack.

For additional information, you can refer the article
    Manage your input and display language settings in Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack? - Similar Threads - disable keyboard while

2. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  3. How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep the keyboard language, but remove windows software language localization?: I need Estonian ET keyboard, time and date things in my work. However, installing language pack to get the keyboard option made all default apps to display in Estonian. I absolutely do not want this, and rather keep them in English.How to do that?...
  4. Language pack keep pending

Language pack keep pending: My language pack keep pending for too long. Everything are updated. Don't know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack-keep-pending/3486a6b4-88f6-4431-8f27-cde8d83cf863
  5. Language pack keep pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack keep pending: My language pack keep pending for too long. Everything are updated. Don't know how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack-keep-pending/3486a6b4-88f6-4431-8f27-cde8d83cf863
  6. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  7. How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?

How to install a Language Pack without a Keyboard Layout?: Hello dear Microsoft stupid product managers or any other personal inventing new bugs... sorry features.Please can you answer me why keyboard layout is adding automatically when language pack is installed? And WHY I CAN'T DELETE IT? How did you get this stupid idea? If I...
  8. How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack?

How do I disable a keyboard while keeping the language pack?: I'm on Windows 11 and have the Japanese and the English language packs plus others installed. The Japanese keyboard in Latin mode has the same keys as the English one, so I don't need both layout. I would like to keep the English language pack, but remove the keyboard so that...
  9. Language pack keeps searching....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language pack keeps searching....: I'm searching for a speech-language pack. and it looks like it's stuck. It keeps on searching and it won't find any. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-pack-keeps-searching/97587383-07ff-45d6-aadd-79b7200b5a90
  10. How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I download a language pack? There's no option to install a language pack.: There's no option to download a language pack. How do I download it if there's no option to download it in the first place? The language I'm trying to download is Spanish, but there's no download "language pack" option [ATTACH] See there's no option to download a language...