Windows 10: How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?

Discus and support How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows likes to store information in regards to previously opened files. They do this in the start menu and taskbar. (Some information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/unix21311, Jan 24, 2021.

1. How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?

How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu? Gr37VpvbS78J6NoczSZI9L0XkkSuFsT_byd2U4GJAHE.jpg

Windows likes to store information in regards to previously opened files. They do this in the start menu and taskbar.

(Some information has been blacked out)

So my question is how do I get Windows to stop remembering the files that I opened for a particular application so it doesn't appear anywhere in the OS?

submitted by /u/unix21311
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/unix21311, Jan 24, 2021

2. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

4. How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?

Right click function of an application

Hello

After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent.

Also if i take the pointer slightly towards right of the menu it shows the drop down menu options but not fully transparent that is it is not overwriting over the list of options after the 1st right click on an application of taskbar.

Please solve the problem and give necessary suggestions.

Thank you and regards

Sumit Mondal, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu?

1. How do I disable a particular application from remembering history in the taskbar/start menu? - Similar Threads - disable particular application

2. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  3. How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable the taskbar overflow menu taskbar ...: It doesn't work and I never asked for it because I would never want it if it did work. How do I undo my taskbar grouping when I specifically set "NEVER COMBINE TASKBAR"? I don't want anything grouped. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel....
  4. How to uninstall a particular application from System?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall a particular application from System?: Hi Team,We would like to remove a particular application from a Shared Desktop. For example, if I am uninstalling from User account A, it is appearing for other users.Not sure how to remove it for all the Users. An explanation of how this works also much helpful.Thanks in...
  5. How to uninstall a particular application from System?

How to uninstall a particular application from System?: Hi Team,We would like to remove a particular application from a Shared Desktop. For example, if I am uninstalling from User account A, it is appearing for other users.Not sure how to remove it for all the Users. An explanation of how this works also much helpful.Thanks in...
  6. How to uninstall a particular application from System?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable application grouping on the Windows 11 taskbar.: I want to stop application windows from grouping on the taskbar in Windows 11.Tried to upload files. Not working. See the two screen captures at the links below.https://i.imgur.com/fimaAyX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/F2dlQnq.png...
  8. How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory?: [ATTACH] How do I get Windows folders to stop remembering history of a particular Drive or Directory? (Some content hidden to protect my privacy) For example over here, I want to get Windows to stop remembering history of certain folders I may open, does anyone know by...
  9. Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wanted to disable Acrylic Blur from start menu and taskbar: Hi, I am using 1903 version of windows 10 just wanted to remove acrylic blur from start menu and task bar to get a clear transparency effect . Thanks....
  10. Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond

Windows Applications (Including Taskbar and Start Menu) Do Not Respond: This is a problem I've been having with Windows 10 since I upgraded from 7 and honestly it's making me want to reinstall 7 again. Every so often, normally after only a few minutes, any windows applications that are open, including photos, the task manager or even the task...