Windows 10: How do I disable actions at screen edges

Discus and support How do I disable actions at screen edges in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I move a window to the top of the screen it switches to full-screen. I do not like that. I use 2 screens. When I move a window from one to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColliJim, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ColliJim Win User

How do I disable actions at screen edges

When I move a window to the top of the screen it switches to full-screen. I do not like that.
    I use 2 screens. When I move a window from one to the other, the cursor is stopped at the edge of the screen and I have to release it, move the cursor to the other screen, and finish the move.

How to I stop this behavior? How do I disable all actions at screen edges?
    Windows 10 version 1909 (OS Build 18363.719)

:)

ColliJim, Mar 27, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 27, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Mar 27, 2020
  4. How do I disable actions at screen edges

Find my Device / Action Center

Hi,

We suggest that you turn off notifications from apps and other senders or disable the option to show notifications on the lock screen by following the steps below:

• Open Settings and click on the System icon.
    • Click on Notifications & actions on the left side, turn off
      Get notifications from apps and other senders
      or turn off Show notifications on the lock screen.
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable actions at screen edges

1. How do I disable actions at screen edges - Similar Threads - disable actions screen

2. How do I disable edge updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable edge updates: I keep deleting edge but somehow it keeps coming back is there a toggle for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-edge-updates/ec2601d5-f38e-4dd6-965f-70999610ee83
  3. How do I disable edge updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable edge updates: I keep deleting edge but somehow it keeps coming back is there a toggle for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-edge-updates/ec2601d5-f38e-4dd6-965f-70999610ee83
  4. How do I disable Edge in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Edge in Windows 11.: Hello, I am Nischay from Nippon Alloys IncI got my new computer, a Falcon Talon, with an i9 processor, an RTX 3080 video card and 64 Gigs of superfast ram.It runs great, but Microsoft Edge is bugging me....
  5. How do I disable Edge in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Edge in Windows 11.: Hello, I am Nischay from Nippon Alloys IncI got my new computer, a Falcon Talon, with an i9 processor, an RTX 3080 video card and 64 Gigs of superfast ram.It runs great, but Microsoft Edge is bugging me....
  6. How do I disable Edge in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I disable Microsoft Edge Updater

in Browsers and Email
    How do I disable Microsoft Edge Updater: Im using Windows 10 20H2 so some of the older methods no longer work. I dont need an updater for a software I dont use to be opening every 12 or 24 hours and staying open forever never finishing, therefore slowing down my computer. 178152
  8. how do i disable lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable lock screen: I have tried every avenue to disable the lock screen. I have a program that has to monitor my computer at all times. When I am away from this computer for a time, the lock screen pops up and kicks the program that is monitoring me off. I do not have the personalization...
  9. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609
  10. How do I disable Action Center?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable Action Center?: I had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop yesterday and now the action center keeps popping up even when there are no new notifications. I just click somewhere on the desktop and the action center pops out! Is there any way to disable it*Think And I used to just double tap...