Windows 10: How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10

Discus and support How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want a command, power shell script, registry change, Act of Congress, Executive Order, magic spell, potion, or extraterrestrial intervention to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Krazny, May 10, 2020.

1. Krazny Win User

How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10

I want a command, power shell script, registry change, Act of Congress, Executive Order, magic spell, potion, or extraterrestrial intervention to automatically disable the "functionality" of all Windows 10 Available Networks "Connect Automatically" check boxes for networks I've never signed into. I don't want to hide those networks, just disable the check box function. Alternatively, if that's not possible, I want to disable the checkbox function completely, but still see the available networks.

:)

Krazny, May 10, 2020
  2. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

Machtyn, May 10, 2020
  3. Felix Wen Win User
    Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

yes , agree with you , That answer was absolutely useless, and I think you knew it. You guys have screwed this up, haven't you? There's no fix yet is there?

until 2017 February 21 , still no solution searched on internet, among article , all the solution & suggestion are blind replying from Microsoft and it's Community Team
    , they just playing around their pathetic solution that they tot those are the solution

i am surely peoples said that checked box which names "automatically connect" remain checked after unchecked

and
    Microsoft and it's Community Team reply the post with

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Right click on Wi-Fi icon and select Open Network and Sharing Center menu option

Step 2: In the Network and Sharing Center window, click the Wi-Fi connection link.

Step 3: This should display the Wi-Fi Status windows as shown below.

Step 4: Now click the Wireless Properties button in W-Fi Status.

Step 5: Un mark the check box with label as Connect automatically when this network in range option available under the Wireless Network Properties window. Click Ok button to confirm and the save the changes.

Look , first this is which we are connected in the pass so we can saw the wifi name in that list, but for those wifi that we never connected which probably neighbor wifi , which we don have the password key , they still fk remain checked ''automatically
    connect" boxes , do you see that ? did the problems sloved ? or the Microsoft and it's Community Team geniusly think the problems sloved ? how pathetic is ?

1. Press Windows key + A to open action center and click on All Settings.

2. Now select Network and Internet.

3. In the left panel, select Wi-Fi.

4. Now in the right panel, select the option Change Adapter Options.

5. The Change Adapter Options will open the Network Connections. You will find the network connection to which your computer or tablet is connected.

6. Double click on the wireless connection to open the Wi-Fi status. Go to Wireless Properties.

7. Under Connection tab, find out “Connect automatically when this network is in range“. By default it is enabled. To disable it, uncheck the option and tap ok.

Same goes to this article, useless suggestion ever i ever see

don said i never follow any article , that so much article that Microsoft and it's Community Team never read post carefully enuf, or we could said that Microsoft and it's Community Team reply post with blindly hand

Why can't I uncheck "connect automatically" on foreign networks?

since window 7 2012 year faced this problems and no solution until 2017/02/21

Can't disable "Connect Automatically" for wireless settings.

2016 article have no solution yet

Windows 10 WiFi Automatic Check-boxes Don't Remain Unchecked

2016 november

so please , so playing around the suggestion that you think that is solution

Felix Wen, May 10, 2020
  4. How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10

Remote assistance box is checked automatically in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Did you uncheck the box?

• Did you face the same issue after unchecking the box?

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the pc?
    I suggest you to Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the admin account or the Microsoft account to check.

I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer
    as usual.

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10

1. How do I disable ALL "Connect Automatically" check boxes in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Connect Automatically

2. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.: By default, my device only connects to the router in my house, and that's fine.But what is NOT fine, is that no matter what I do 'automatically connect' should NOT be connected to any of the other networks.The ONLY network it should connect to, period, is BJBXNONE of the...
  3. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.: By default, my device only connects to the router in my house, and that's fine.But what is NOT fine, is that no matter what I do 'automatically connect' should NOT be connected to any of the other networks.The ONLY network it should connect to, period, is BJBXNONE of the...
  4. Automatically Connect is checked for ALL available networks.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable permanent item check boxes in windows 10: I have this problem, when I open the file explorer I get all my files with item check boxes on it, even if I don't select anything. Before, item check boxes appear on selected items only wich was really usefull. Now items with boxes occupy lot of space. The only thing I can...
  6. "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!: When Windows 10 on my XPS 13 9360 shows nearby networks that are available, whether neighbors' or business', they are checked as "connect automatically".When I uncheck, checks again.It never used to do this. Since it's been happening, it's taken my laptop much longer to...
  7. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?: Please help. : After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it freshly rebooted in the morning with updates, only to have my productivity unjustly doused. I run a handful of small businesses...
  8. How to disable check box on files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable check box on files: I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File Explorer. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? [img] [img] 112640
  9. How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I disable Windows 10 automatic update: I did disable the update, but it still update at startup sometimes. 82849
  10. how to disable all automatic restart in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable all automatic restart in windows 10?: Windows 10 Home rebooted for an unknown reason this morning. I woke up and found my pc hanged and unresponsive. I was able to connect through the vnc server, and saw the dot-circle going round and round. Just stuck there. I had to hard reboot. When I checked the Event...