Windows 10: How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

Discus and support How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If you download a file, it probably will ask you where to download it. But i want it to be in a different folder. But it doesn't show me the window for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YeetingMachine, Mar 26, 2020.

1. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

If you download a file, it probably will ask you where to download it. But i want it to be in a different folder. But it doesn't show me the window for me to select which drive to put it in. Please help!

Daniels.

:)

YeetingMachine, Mar 26, 2020
  2. guru1d Win User

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10  

disable auto arrange is working again How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be :).

delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\

Then use this reg file:

Code:
    Code:
    REM Activate free sorting for files in Windows 7 www.unawave.de  REM --- 1. Step: Add keys REM --- 1a for General Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1b for Documents Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{7D49D726-3C21-4F05-99AA-FDC2C9474656}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{7D49D726-3C21-4F05-99AA-FDC2C9474656}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1c for Music Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{94D6DDCC-4A68-4175-A374-BD584A510B78}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{94D6DDCC-4A68-4175-A374-BD584A510B78}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1d for Picture Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{B3690E58-E961-423B-B687-386EBFD83239}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{B3690E58-E961-423B-B687-386EBFD83239}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1e for Videos Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5FA96407-7E77-483C-AC93-691D05850DE8}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5FA96407-7E77-483C-AC93-691D05850DE8}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 2. Step: Export everything under the key AllFolders in a separate file AllFolders.reg REG EXPORT "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders" AllFolders.reg  REM --- 3. Step: Delete everything under the key Bags REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags" /f  REM --- 4. Step: Import again exported file AllFolders.reg REG IMPORT AllFolders.reg  REM --- 5. Step: Delete exported file AllFolders.reg del AllFolders.reg
    or use this:
    https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/wp-co...to-arrange.zip

Unfortunately it doesn't save the position after closing the explorer or selection of other folder :/. Any suggestions how to fix this?

guru1d, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 26, 2020
  4. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

1. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be - Similar Threads - disable auto downloading

2. How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad: My touchpad is getting disabled again and again if I am inactive for few mins. I have to press the left click button on the touch pad then it is getting enabled which is not and option for me since I am working on a sensitive thing where I can not perform a left click...
  3. How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn of the auto disabling of touchpad: My touchpad is getting disabled again and again if I am inactive for few mins. I have to press the left click button on the touch pad then it is getting enabled which is not and option for me since I am working on a sensitive thing where I can not perform a left click...
  4. How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Disable "WebView2 Runtime" auto-download in Windows 10?: I keep getting this app installing on my Windows 10 desktop called "WebView2 Runtime". Would anyone know how to get Windows from downloading it?Note, I don't use Office, Xbox apps, OneDrive, MS Store at all. I removed the Xbox apps and don't ever use the MS Store for...
  5. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  6. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  7. How do I uninstall an update that I don't want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I uninstall an update that I don't want: Hello I recently been forced to do an update it is changed everything. I no longer have a desktop. The taskbar is not at the bottom of the screen. I do not like this it is not efficient it takes several extra steps to get to each new screen that you need to get to. It's not...
  8. How do I disable grouping by file type in the downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable grouping by file type in the downloads folder: Hello everyone! So I recently re installed windows 10 1909 and every time i download a file it goes into a folder based on its file type so lets say i download a .zip file it will go into the main downloads folder then a sub folder called archives where the .zip is located....
  9. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...
  10. I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi: Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have unchecked the box "connect automatically when this network is in range" from the wireless network properties but it still auto...