Windows 10: How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

Discus and support How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If you download a file, it probably will ask you where to download it. But i want it to be in a different folder. But it doesn't show me the window for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YeetingMachine, Mar 26, 2020.

1. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

If you download a file, it probably will ask you where to download it. But i want it to be in a different folder. But it doesn't show me the window for me to select which drive to put it in. Please help!

Daniels.

:)

YeetingMachine, Mar 26, 2020
  2. guru1d Win User

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10  

disable auto arrange is working again How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be :).

delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\

Then use this reg file:

Code:
    Code:
    REM Activate free sorting for files in Windows 7 www.unawave.de  REM --- 1. Step: Add keys REM --- 1a for General Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5C4F28B5-F869-4E84-8E60-F11DB97C5CC7}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1b for Documents Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{7D49D726-3C21-4F05-99AA-FDC2C9474656}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{7D49D726-3C21-4F05-99AA-FDC2C9474656}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1c for Music Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{94D6DDCC-4A68-4175-A374-BD584A510B78}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{94D6DDCC-4A68-4175-A374-BD584A510B78}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1d for Picture Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{B3690E58-E961-423B-B687-386EBFD83239}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{B3690E58-E961-423B-B687-386EBFD83239}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 1e for Videos Folders REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5FA96407-7E77-483C-AC93-691D05850DE8}" /v FFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0x43000001 /f REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell\{5FA96407-7E77-483C-AC93-691D05850DE8}" /v Mode /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000004 /f  REM --- 2. Step: Export everything under the key AllFolders in a separate file AllFolders.reg REG EXPORT "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders" AllFolders.reg  REM --- 3. Step: Delete everything under the key Bags REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags" /f  REM --- 4. Step: Import again exported file AllFolders.reg REG IMPORT AllFolders.reg  REM --- 5. Step: Delete exported file AllFolders.reg del AllFolders.reg
    or use this:
    https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/wp-co...to-arrange.zip

Unfortunately it doesn't save the position after closing the explorer or selection of other folder :/. Any suggestions how to fix this?

guru1d, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 26, 2020
  4. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be

1. How do i disable auto downloading a file to a folder i don't want it to be - Similar Threads - disable auto downloading

2. How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically.: How do I disable Bing on Windows 10 startup. I don't want it launching automatically. * Original title: Bing * Moved from Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-bing-on-windows-10-startup-i-dont/7221dc95-1b87-44df-be3e-6093b0eb8a98
  3. How do I disable grouping by file type in the downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable grouping by file type in the downloads folder: Hello everyone! So I recently re installed windows 10 1909 and every time i download a file it goes into a folder based on its file type so lets say i download a .zip file it will go into the main downloads folder then a sub folder called archives where the .zip is located....
  4. I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder: Currently my Downloads folder in File Explorer shows sub-headings like Today and Last month. I would like to change it to a straight list without sub-headings. I've fiddled unsuccessfully with the View options. This is the only folder where this happens, and I'd like to...
  5. How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable one-drive. I do not want my files to sync: I do not want or need one-drive. I have tried closing one-drive but my files still synced. I have recently had an e-mail from Microsoft saying that my one-drive storage is almost full and one of the suggestions was to delete files - however even though I have clicked the...
  6. How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable grouping by date for files in Download folder after 1903 update?: I've installed 1903 update today for Windows 10. Now when I navigate my folders structure in Chrome and choose Download folder I get the following view (see attached screenshot): [ATTACH] It shows all downloads grouped by date. I don't lie this new view and would like...
  7. I have no audio output and i don't want to download anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have no audio output and i don't want to download anything: So my computer has no output for audio and I can't even use my slider. Another thing is that my Trouble shooter also doesn't work, and neither do headphones. I really need help here....
  8. How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?: First on my list is "Store". I have repeated told my firewall to always deny, but it keeps coming up. I know there are other Windows 10 apps that are just as pushy, and take up lots of CPU and bandwidth. What are they and how can I safely turn them off? 115199
  9. How do I disable auto-login on W10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I disable auto-login on W10: I've tried http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-disab...r-in-window-8/ which some say work for 10 but it doesn't for me. I'm on x64 up to date. One account has a password the other doesn't, and every time I boot it it auto logs in to the one without a password - short of putting...
  10. I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I Don't Want to Auto Connect to Wifi: Every time I start my PC it auto connects to WiFi, I don't want this to happen. I have turned off "connect automatically when in range" and I have unchecked the box "connect automatically when this network is in range" from the wireless network properties but it still auto...