Windows 10: How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

Discus and support How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am hosting a private Minecraft server for my friends, but after Windows updated, it restarted outside of the active hours while the server was still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Empty Thoughts, Dec 15, 2018.

1. How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

I am hosting a private Minecraft server for my friends, but after Windows updated, it restarted outside of the active hours while the server was still running and possibly resulted in the corruption of the server's data. I am running the server 24/7 because my friends could want to get on at any time, and sometimes I wont be awake to run the server every time they want to play outside of the set active hours. Is there any way I could disable automatic restart completely so I can manually restart instead? I have tried searching for articles on how to do this, but the screenshots show a setting that I'm missing, the "Retart options" button. I don't know if this is supposed to be there or was removed in a recent update, I just need a way to make the automatic restarts stop.

:)

Empty Thoughts, Dec 15, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 15, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Dec 15, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

1. How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates? - Similar Threads - disable automatic restart

2. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  3. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Other users have called Windows Update a cancer and there is no better word to summarize it. This morning I opened my laptop and found it had restarted. Every single thing I had been working on the for the past two weeks is gone. IDE closed, reference docs closed, data files...
  4. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  6. How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?

How do I PERMANENTLY Disable automatic windows update restart?: I absolutely HATE this stupid "feature". Its bloody annoying and is no use to me whatsoever. I don't care what version of windows I'm running, and old version fromgasp 1 week ago is not going to kill me and is perfectly fine. I'm a gamedev in my spare time, and I often leave...
  7. How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?: First of all: Sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure this question probably gets asked a lot. But somehow I haven't found a working solution (or done something wrong). What I want is to completely prevent my PC from automatically restarting, only restart when I explicitly say...
  8. HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I? Disable Windows 10 Automatic Restart?: Please help. : After having my windows machine open with desktops, tabs, applications, notepads, signed into a mess of accounts I often find it freshly rebooted in the morning with updates, only to have my productivity unjustly doused. I run a handful of small businesses...
  9. Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates

Disable Windows 10 automatic restart after updates: Is there any REAL way to disable this cancer feature? This is not the first time i have lost unsaved work due to this annoying function, that almost every Windows user hates. I'm trying to behave, but it is really hard to keep calm after loosing unsaved work multiple...
  10. how do I disable automatic updates?

how do I disable automatic updates?: the latest update(yesterday) disabled my Kaspersky app, and greyed out my button to reactivate it. Had to do a very slow system restore. How can I disable autoupdates ?...