Windows 10: How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?

Discus and support How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm asking this question here because Google is giving me the wrong search results for my problem. This is the autoplay I want to disable permanently:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MooKorea, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MooKorea Win User

How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?

I'm asking this question here because Google is giving me the wrong search results for my problem. This is the autoplay I want to disable permanently:

How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app? b5a73067-8e14-4439-bd47-3db12e5d9d8b?upload=true.png

:)

MooKorea, Jul 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Autoplay - Windows Media Player Not listed

I have Windows 10 loaded on my laptop. In the Autoplay screen, Windows Media Player is not listed as an option in the DVD and BlueRay sections but it is listed in the other sections. When I insert a disk, the autoplay option list pops up but does not
    list WIndow Media Player as an option either. It only lists "Find a DVD option in app store" or "Take No action." What is frustrating is I have an older laptop that I loaded Windows 10 on and WIndows Media Player is listed in all the options. Any ideas?

ProfJoe726, Jul 17, 2019
  3. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2019
  4. How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?

Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app? autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app?

1. How do I disable autoplay in Windows 10 video player app? - Similar Threads - disable autoplay video

2. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  3. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10: I have gone to Setting and turned off AutoPlay for Windows 10. I have looked through the settings on Windows Media Player and have been unable to find a setting to turn off autoplay. When I insert a disk, it plays automatically. How do I Disable Autoplay on Windows Media...
  4. Disable Autoplay on Windows Media Player on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Photos App - Disable Autoplay/Slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photos App - Disable Autoplay/Slideshow: When I open an image in Photo, after a few seconds, it'll start cycling through all the images. I can't figure out how to make it stop and just stay on the picture I open. I have to use reference images all the time and this is so frustrating. I've tried checking all the...
  6. Windows 10 Photos App - Disable Autoplay/Slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App - Disable Autoplay/Slideshow: When I open an image in Photo, after a few seconds, it'll start cycling through all the images. I can't figure out how to make it stop and just stay on the picture I open. I have to use reference images all the time and this is so frustrating. I've tried checking all the...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App - Disable Autoplay/Slideshow

8. how do I enable autoplay in windows 10

how do I enable autoplay in windows 10: How do I enable autoplay in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-autoplay-in-windows-10/523a4034-2648-4875-a813-0c90469fa984
  9. autoplay videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autoplay videos: Hi, I am play a game, but an ad came on and I can't get it off. Can someone tell me how to turn off the video. Thank you, TrossZZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-videos/c0e60a3e-0003-4fec-bb3d-92839fb7f7c7
  10. Autoplaying videos

in Browsers and Email
    Autoplaying videos: How do I stop autoplaying videos in Win 10 using Chrome? 17047