Windows 10: How do i disable caps permanently

Discus and support How do i disable caps permanently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sometimes my caps lock starts bugging out a lot and spamming Between being on caps and not and im wondering if theres a way to make it so i litteraly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zaphluwu, Oct 3, 2020.

1. zaphluwu Win User

How do i disable caps permanently

Sometimes my caps lock starts bugging out a lot and spamming Between being on caps and not and im wondering if theres a way to make it so i litteraly cant get caps in any way even if i press caps lock

Ive tried fixing the problem only fix is completely resetting windows and that only fixes it for a day or two.

So is there any setting to disable caps?

:)

zaphluwu, Oct 3, 2020
  2. relwood Win User

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Robert11 Win User

Caps Lock Key: Disabling Of ?

Hello,

I seem to continually hit the Caps Lock key on the keyboard, and not noticing it.
    Drives me crazy.

Is there any (safe) simple way to disable it, permanently ?

I have Caps Lock Changer, but you have to do it for each session.
    Would like to do it just once, and have it effective always.

Thanks,
    B.

Robert11, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How do i disable caps permanently - Similar Threads - disable caps permanently

2. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  3. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  4. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  5. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disabled the caps locks notification?: I have been using computers for about 15 years now and have needed a notification to pop up on my screen to inform me that the caps lock has been turned on or off. After all, they do have a light on your keyboard for that and I already know when it's active because I pushed...
  6. How do I disabled the caps locks notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I permanently disable Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I permanently disable Windows Update?: Hi,Firstly, Windows Update is completely dodgy. First I didn't have enough space so I eventually got sick of being bombarded with warnings to update, so changed my drive partition to make 30GB. Update went through then cancelled and rolled back with a 0xc1900101 - 0x30018...
  8. How do i permanently disable auto updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i permanently disable auto updates?: Me computer constantly tries to "update" windows regardless of if the "update" works or not, it does this every time i turn it on and it makes booting up my pc take ages. Most of the time it says update failed undoing changes, but a few times it "successfully updated" and...
  9. How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the Caps Lock indicator?: How do I turn off the Caps Lock indicator that keeps popping up near the top left corner of my screen? This has never popped up before until today. I was trying to click a series of keys on the left side of my keyboard which may have triggered this because I noticed the...
  10. How Do I Permanently Disable System Sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Permanently Disable System Sound?: I disable all system sounds from my PC. But after boot up the system sounds come back. How do I permanetly disable them? 101876