Windows 10: How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

Discus and support How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have no use for Cortana. It is a burden on my system with no benefit for me. How do I disable it and maintain the search function?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IwantWaltasmyDisplayName, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

I have no use for Cortana. It is a burden on my system with no benefit for me. How do I disable it and maintain the search function?

:)

IwantWaltasmyDisplayName, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Shadoi Win User

Disable Search Function

Greetings all,

I need to disable the Search function in Windows 10 Pro. Upgraded from Windows 7, where the Search function was listed as a feature and could be disabled as one through the Control Panel. Apparently not so in Win 10 as it's not listed as feature.

I can disable Cortana and using the Search function to search the web,but in need of disabling the Search function entirely. Computer is in a public environment and needs to be locked down. The unit has only one purpose and that is accessed through the browser.

I am unable to find a way through the Policy settings and through PowerShell.

Appreciate the help,

Russ

Shadoi, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Feb 26, 2019
  4. OzzieMatt Win User

How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

Search box functionality in disabled Cortana

Is it possible to disable Cortana, while still leaving the taskbar search box functional? I already have disabled Cortana; the taskbar search box stopped working at that point...

OzzieMatt, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

1. How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function? - Similar Threads - disable Cortana still

2. How do I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  3. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  4. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?: My PC is using Windows 10 Education, which disables most in-built telemetry and data collection. In settings, anything related to Cortana is off. However, Focus Assist in the Action Center uses Cortana, and in Task Manager there is a Cortana process. Is this to be expected...
  6. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Cortana?: I just want the search on my new laptop not have the thing running. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzzv01/how_do_i_disable_cortana/
  7. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  8. How to disable cortanas web search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  9. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756
  10. Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?: So I've gotten fed up enough with the terrible windows search system. I went into services.msc and disabled the windows search service; then restarted my computer. However, "Cortana" is still listed in my task manager taking up 50mb of memory. How do I kill Cortana?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reintegate cortana with search function

2. disable cortana and use search

3. disable cortana but still search