Windows 10: how do I disable Cortana from my laptop

Discus and support how do I disable Cortana from my laptop in Cortana to solve the problem; Question as above - running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LawrenceSaville, May 26, 2019.

1. how do I disable Cortana from my laptop

Question as above - running Windows 10

:)

LawrenceSaville, May 26, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 26, 2019
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 26, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

how do I disable Cortana from my laptop

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

how do I disable Cortana from my laptop [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 26, 2019
Thema:

how do I disable Cortana from my laptop

1. how do I disable Cortana from my laptop - Similar Threads - disable Cortana laptop

2. How do I disable Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  3. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  4. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Partition question and how do i disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Partition question and how do i disable Cortana?: https://i.ibb.co/b37CzhL/20210130-133717.jpg Hey, so I installed win10 on a new pc. 2 questions 1) I have a 500gb ssd drive as primary. But during the convoluted install process I seem to have created some oddities. I've lost 450 to "recovery partition" and 100 to "healthy...
  6. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Cortana?: I just want the search on my new laptop not have the thing running. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzzv01/how_do_i_disable_cortana/
  7. HELP!!! How do I disable Cortana!!?

in Cortana
    HELP!!! How do I disable Cortana!!?: I just got some sort of system update and Cortana is listening in on anything I do, from Skype to recording audio. All sorts of bazaar things are happening when I speak into my microphone. I don't want Cortana, I just want my computer to work. How can I disable Cortana? If I...
  8. How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana

in Cortana
    How Do I Uninstall or Disable Cortana: I appreciate that it exist and understand it has its uses but for me? Not really, I've never found it useful and it just sits in the background hogging ram. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't mind being informed of a way to disable Cortana as there is nothing in...
  9. How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop?

How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop?: How do I remove Xbox, Cortana and edge from my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-xbox-cortana-and-edge-from-my-new/a7ff8c62-871d-4eef-b096-56668cb92d8f
  10. How do i Disable Cortana process?

How do i Disable Cortana process?: It's interesting to see that after i "disabled" it from the options, the process Cortana is still running and is tied to searchui.exe . And after deleting Cortanaware, the windows search bar stopped responding for good lol! Is there any other way to stop this from the...